Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trouble activating sim

Trouble activating sim

SOLVED
Kurt
Spectator

Trouble activating sim

Trying to activate sim card, but I need to back my phone up to itunes prior to activating my sim card

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Glenn
Community Founder

Re: Trouble activating sim

Hi Kurt,

I'm happy to hear you're activating the starter kit I gave you! Welcome to the family.

You actually don't need to back up your iPhone before switching across, just activate the starter kit and transfer your number across.

When your Optus service stops working (you'll have no service), just switch the SIM cards in your iPhone. You won't lose any settings, contacts or messages.

Keep in mind that porting/transferring your number will only process during official hours, 8am-8pm weekdays.

Let us know if you have any questions!

Glenn

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Glenn
Community Founder

Hi Kurt,

I'm happy to hear you're activating the starter kit I gave you! Welcome to the family.

You actually don't need to back up your iPhone before switching across, just activate the starter kit and transfer your number across.

When your Optus service stops working (you'll have no service), just switch the SIM cards in your iPhone. You won't lose any settings, contacts or messages.

Keep in mind that porting/transferring your number will only process during official hours, 8am-8pm weekdays.

Let us know if you have any questions!

Glenn

View solution in original post

Pgas
Rookie (LVL:3)

Activate sim $20
Pgas1
Spectator

G'day everyone