Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TELSTRA.WAP DATA CHARGE

TELSTRA.WAP DATA CHARGE

jml3au
Rookie (LVL:3)

TELSTRA.WAP DATA CHARGE

I have been with Boost for some time and never received Telstra.wap data charges [I am on pre-paid]. In the past month in a matter of days, Telstra.wap has used all my data. this has occurred at odd times, and even when connected to the Wifi. Aside from switching off the data, which seems pointless because how do I connect, I have tried all other avenues of stopping this, closing apps, wifi download only, etc. But to no success, because as soon as I use data, when out and about, the Telstra.wap happens [in the background i might add]. It appears I have no control over this, and consequnetly I am having to recharge too often. Aside from changing providers, there is not much to do.

5 REPLIES 5
TommyR
Boost Alumni (Retired)

Re: TELSTRA.WAP DATA CHARGE

Hi jml3au, 

Wireless Application Protocol (WAP) is a technical standard for accessing information over a mobile wireless network. A WAP browser is a web browser for mobile devices such as mobile phones that uses the protocol.

In this case, its just a generic description of accessing the internet as Boost Mobile runs on the Telstra Mobile Network.

If you are concerned your data is being used incorrectly you can contact Boost on 125 8881 (8am-9pm, 7 days) or on live chat (24hrs, 7 days) for further support

Regards - 

jml3au

Thanks for that Tommy. I did end up contacting support, who only advised me to change my browser auto-download. Which doesn't resolve the issue. Since my last message, I recharged again, and that night, the history report shows almost my whole data used by Telstra.wap at 00:00 hrs.. Always midnight 00:00 hrs it happens. If I switch data off, sure that works, but as soon as I turn it back on, it happens then. And as I said, previously never happened before, I'm a light user, always had some data left over at the end of the billing cyle, and my usuage has not changed. Same Phone, same sim, same number etc. I've now changed the APN setting to Telstra.internet and will monitor that. TBA.
JesseS
Boost Alumni (Retired)

@jml3au To clarify, the APN settings on your device and shown against your data usage do not show how your data is being used. If there is something on your device using your data in the background, changing the APN settings may not resolve the issue.

You can check the data usage recorded on your device to see if there is a specific App that is using more data that expected. Normally, you can find these details through your settings under Network or Data. If you need help locating it, just let me know what kind of device you have.

Keep us posted with how you go.

Thanks

Simphoneboost
Spectator

Account drained!?! Phone was on airplane mode over night turn off this morning, text msg saying no data. Check history says I used a mountain load of data at night. @2am.

Telstra.wap 

Was surprised last recharge how quick my data was used so this recharge I turn data off every time I was home and only used wifi.

Now I run out data? The history shows at night time when my phone is switched off or on flightmode.

Jewel

Virus redirect and probably keyed....anywho...I have wap.boost.com first site data or wifi don't matter but your story explains several phones of mine back....it's malware 

I didn't believe it eitherbeen fighting it for a few years 

VIRUS