Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Serious SMS text sending failure issue

SOLVED
Highlighted
Rookie (LVL:3)

i have activated my boost mobile a week ago and it worked pretty good so far till 2days ago. everything worked amazingly good but soon, whenever i tried to send text message, it kept showing failure in sending. however
I can receive msgs, calls and make outgoing calls and use Data, but only sending txt msg is somehow not working. i have rebooted my phones, taken out battery out for several times, reset my mobile phone, call #111#, tried everything, but depressingly it didnt work out. can someone plz help me?
Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Community Founder

Re: Serious SMS text sending failure issue

@nbw2895 wrote:
i have activated my boost mobile a week ago and it worked pretty good so far till 2days ago. everything worked amazingly good but soon, whenever i tried to send text message, it kept showing failure in sending. however
I can receive msgs, calls and make outgoing calls and use Data, but only sending txt msg is somehow not working. i have rebooted my phones, taken out battery out for several times, reset my mobile phone, call #111#, tried everything, but depressingly it didnt work out. can someone plz help me?
  • when you checked #111# were you able to see if you have UNLTD expiry? or Balance?
  • can u make a outgoing calls?
  •  have you checked message center on your phone?
  • is the message center +61418706700?
  • have you tried putting your sim card to a different phone?
  • have you tried putting a different sim card on you phone?
  • Make sure you have deleted all messages on Outbox first before trying to send another message or better yet dele all messages.

make sure you have answers to these questions.

If you do not see UNLTD expiry on your phone and only a balance then it means you only have an ADDON.

If you see an UNLTD expiry then it means you have UNLTD.

if you were able to make outgoing calls, then it means that you still have UNLTD on your phone

if your message center is not the same as I have listed above, then start changing it.

If you can were able to put your sim card to a different phone and you were able to send a message, then it is your phone.

If you were able to put a different sim card on the phone and you were able to send a message using that different sim card, better put the sim card to a different phone and check if you can send messages or not.. If still can't then it means it is the sim card Contact Boost 1258881 or use Live Chat to request for a blank sim card

If you were able to get the answer pls don't forget to mark the post as an Accepted Solution. If you also found someone helpful do not forget to give them Kudos to show your appreciation." None of us here are working for Boost or Telstra we are just here to help and share.
-nefy-

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
Highlighted
Community Founder

@nbw2895 wrote:
  • when you checked #111# were you able to see if you have UNLTD expiry? or Balance?
  • Make sure you have deleted all messages on Outbox first before trying to send another message or better yet dele all messages.

If you do not see UNLTD expiry on your phone and only a balance then it means you only have an ADDON.

if you were able to make outgoing calls, then it means that you still have UNLTD on your phone

if your message center is not the same as I have listed above, then start changing it.

If you can were able to put your sim card to a different phone and you were able to send a message, then it is your phone.

If you were able to put a different sim card on the phone and you were able to send a message using that different sim card, better put the sim card to a different phone and check if you can send messages or not.. If still can't then it means it is the sim card Contact Boost 1258881 or use Live Chat to request for a blank sim card

If you were able to get the answer pls don't forget to mark the post as an Accepted Solution. If you also found someone helpful do not forget to give them Kudos to show your appreciation." None of us here are working for Boost or Telstra we are just here to help and share.
-nefy-

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Rookie (LVL:3)

Thank you so much for your quick and helpful response!

Now its all sorted out and working amazingly well again.

The problem was with Message Server Number as it was set with my mobile number instead of SMSC

I guess restore message default setting won't change the server number back to original.

Once again, Thank you so much Smiley Wink)))))))))))))) I love you guyssss

Highlighted
Spectator

i activated my boost mobile but i cant send msg or calls it says that its. invaliable but i have my account and everything i have internet all except thoes two things
Highlighted
Community Founder

you said "Except two things" you only mentioned that SMS.

-nefy-
Highlighted
Community Founder

have you checked

-nefy-
Highlighted
Spectator

Can you make this into instructions instead of answering this persons specific questions
Highlighted
Spectator

What worked for you to be able to send and receive picture text messages?? I have gone through all the settings that I could on this new ZTE boost cell phone but nothing I do seems to make any kind of difference 😕😤😥😮 ..... But I can send and still recieve regular text messages
Pls if you or anyone seeing & reading this post can help me because I'm all ears and @the end of my rope with this issue
Katie1738
Highlighted
Boost Alumni (Retired)

Hi Katie1738

You will need to configure your APN setting on your device to be able to send MMS. These are the steps you should follow to access the correct menu on your phone, be advised that for the Android phones, there might be slight variations depending on the manufacturer, however they should be pretty much on the same naming of the menu.

Telstra apn settings for Android –   For Android, you should go to  Settings > Wireless Connections > More > Mobile Networks > Access Point Names and then make sure that the settings reflect the following details:}

Name: Telstra Internet
APN: telstra.iph
Proxy: Not required
Port: Not required
Username: Not required
Password: Not required
Server: Not required
MMSChttp://mmsc.telstra.com:8002
MMS proxy: 10.1.1.180
MMS port: 80
MMS protocol: WAP 2.0
MCC: 505
MNC: 01
Authentication type: Not required
APN type: default,supl,mms

Once you have made sure the settings are the same you should be able to send and receive MMS. If you have further issues, please contact Boost on 125 8881 (8am-9pm, 7 days) or on live chat (24hrs, 7 days)

Regards - 

Highlighted
Spectator

Boost sold us a plan with 3 lines .3 phones 250! They showed we had service .We don't even have a tower!!!! After 4 days they wanted to keep money and have phones back ,plus 25$.Look at ur receipt your probably screwed!