Boost Mobile Community
Got a Question? Search Current Forums
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Return to BOOST Mobile after using a BOOST Sony Experia E handset on the ALDI Mobile service

Return to BOOST Mobile after using a BOOST Sony Experia E handset on the ALDI Mobile service

SOLVED
WarrenZischke
Rookie (LVL:3)

In May 2013 I purchaced a Boost Prepaid Mobile handset and activated it straight away and I've been using it on Boost Prepaid for over a year, until I changed over to ALDI Mobile without porting the original Boost number, therefore taking the new ALDI number they gave me. I didn't want to wait the 48hours for porting to occur. I have now realised that the BOOST Mobile Unlimited with the max 2.5GB of Data for $40, over 30 days, is a much better deal than the Aldi Mobile service. Today I purchaced a NEW BOOST Mobile $2 Sim with a NEW # and have been trying to activate it online, BUT I have been told to search for answers on how this can be done, since Boost recognises that I had that BOOST Mobile # when I originally bought the Sony Experia E.

Please, can anyone guide me through the activation process to return to Boost ???

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
pvandenh
Community Founder

Re: Return to BOOST Mobile after using a BOOST Sony Experia E handset on the ALDI Mobile service

Put your new Boost sim card in your phone. Then use it to call 1258881. That is basically the only number it will allow you to ring before it is activated.

* I am a Boost Australia customer. This is a peer to peer community where users help each other.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
pvandenh
Community Founder

Re: Return to BOOST Mobile after using a BOOST Sony Experia E handset on the ALDI Mobile service

How long a since you were on Boost? Do you still have the old Boost some card? If so, and you were on Boost less than 6 months ago, you can just put in that old sim card and recharge it. You will even keep that old Boost number.

* I am a Boost Australia customer. This is a peer to peer community where users help each other.

WarrenZischke

Hi Pvandenh,

Thanks for your reply, It has'nt been longer than the 6Month in-active period BUT I CAN NOT find the original SIM card.

However, I do know the original BOOST Mobile number.

As I understand it, that would be the reason why BOOST will not allow me to 'Activate' ONLINE, either one of the two NEW $2 SIM which I purchased recently, to replace the original mis-placed SIM.  The new SIM Starter packs come with their own NEW numbers, which is good as I don't want to 'PORT' the ALDI Mobile #. I want to be able to "ACTIVATE" one of the NEW Starter Packs, as I chose both of them 'CAREFULLY' for their new number, either one of the NEW SIMS, does not bother me which of the two, BOTH are good numbers for me to remember.

The other point is that 'ONLINE BOOST Mobile' told me to phone the 125 8881 number to activate, but on trying that number with ALDI Mobile service, ALDI told me that the 12 numbers are "UNAVAILABLE WITH THEIR SERVICE"

as well, I tried phoning 125 8881 from my TELSTRA Home phone service, which is a "Priority Assist" service, and they too said that 12numbers are not available from their service either.

So, as you can see, I am in a bit of a "difficult place" to say the least.

Please, Pvandenh, are you able to help me to come back to BOOST Mobile, or will I have to "start over again' by purchasing a new un-locked handset? I REALLY REALLY can not afford to do that as I'm an 'Age Pensioner' who has very limited financial resources.

Thanks, and Kind Regards,

Warren Zischke.

pvandenh
Community Founder

Put your new Boost sim card in your phone. Then use it to call 1258881. That is basically the only number it will allow you to ring before it is activated.

View solution in original post

WarrenZischke

Hi again Pvandenh,

Thanks for the solution to the problem, I should have thought of that myself. After readin the instructions on how to 'Activate' in the little booklet, I discounted that possibility because the book says call the 125 8881 number BEFORE INSERTING the new SIM.

Anyway, the main thing is that IT'S SORTED now, with your solution, so 'THANKS HEAPS'

Have a wonderful weekend,

Kind Regards,

Warren Zischke.