Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ROLL OVER of DATA going from 12 month to 28 day expiry

bingsta
Rookie (LVL:3)

Hi 

I have 146gb unused data from my last 12 month prepaid purchase which is due to expire on 8/7/2021.

My understanding is that if I recharge with a 28 day expiry amount then that 146gb will be rolled over as per fine print on the 12 mth plan:

"THE FINE PRINT

Any unused data expires unless you recharge $20, $30, $40, $50 and $70 before expiry. For these recharge amounts, unused data will then rollover and expire at the end of the next 28 day period. UNLIMITED CALLS & TEXT to standard Australian numbers excludes satellite and premium number and operated assisted calls. International Calls, Text and MMS are to selected countries and exclude satellite and premium numbers and video calls. Service provided by Telstra Corporation Ltd ABN 33 051 775 556."

Just chatted with someone from boost online who initially told me that the data won't roll over if I buy a $20, 5gb recharge. Then he checked with his supervisor who said that it will be rolled over. 

Can you please confirm that leftover data will be rolled over when going from 12 month prepaid recharge to 28 day expiry? (I'm aware it doesn't if you go the other way round).

Thanks

2 REPLIES 2
pvandenh
Community Founder

Re: ROLL OVER of DATA going from 12 month to 28 day expiry

While not sure on the yearly > monthy rollover scenerio (I haven't done it), you need to be aware that rollover data only applies for the next subsequent recharge period.

So if the 146GB does in fact rollover for the change to the monthly plan, it will then disappear after that first month. It doesn't keep "banking" as such. It only rollsover for next month.

"unused data will then rollover and expire at the end of the next 28 day period"

* I am a Boost Australia customer. This is a peer to peer community where users help each other.

bingsta
Rookie (LVL:3)

Re: ROLL OVER of DATA going from 12 month to 28 day expiry

Right so are you saying even if I then recharge again with another 28 day expiry next month the 146gb or whatever I have left of it won't then roll over to the following month? I.e. roll over only lasts one month? That sounds pretty suboptimal if you're doing 28 day recharges...also the website is very unclear on this in general.