Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Porting + changing account ownership

Highlighted
Rookie (LVL:3)

Hi,

I previously had a Virgin account under my mother's name (so her details were used for my number, not my own). I want to transfer my number (under my mother's ownership technically) to my new Boost sim. I went to the boost.com.au/activate page and went through the prompts to keep my own number, however it hasn't activated yet. I just came off live chat with Boost, and found out that it didn't activate because my number is still under my mother's name and I provided my own details which obviously didn't match my mother's.

However I have been on live chat AND calls to both Virgin and Boost and am getting roundabout answers of "go talk to [the other provider]", and no solutions to my problem ultimately. Virgin told me that Boost would handle the account name changing, and Boost says only Virgin can do that.

I was super excited about changing my plan to one with data and unlimited texting, but this is making the process extremely frustrating and I just want to resolve this so that I can use my phone. Can anyone help me please?

EDIT: I don't know if this would be a valid solution, but would it be possible to cancel my activation attempt, then retry it using my mother's details instead, then when that is successful call Boost and have them change the ownership to my own name?

Thanks

7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
Champion (LVL:1)

Re: Porting + changing account ownership

The details in the porting information (the DOB or account number) need to match that of the losing carrier.

As long as your can provide the account number or your mothers DOB the port should be approved by Virgin. 

If have an appropriate level of authority to cancel the service you should be able to arrange the port out as well anyway. 

But it is the details that go into the porting section of the form that are the more important. 

I would think that Boost Support should be able to either update the porting information and resubmit it, or cancel the order and recomplete it with the correct porting information (as in your mothers details in the port section, and your details in the account section of the order).

otherwise you could try port it in with your mother details, but then you would have to try and arrange the Change of Ownership and the process for that I am not sure of, but if you do end up doing it that way I can try and find out some info from one of the forum support staff for you. My guess is that it would require a form (my assumption is that it will be something similiar to the Telstra form here). 

---
Highlighted
Rookie (LVL:3)

Thanks so much DrQ, you're a life saver! That makes sense, though what method of communication with Boost Support would give me the appropriate help and authority to attempt either of your solutions? I'm guessing a phone call; I've tried life chat, but they're unfortunately very unhelpful.

Many thanks!

Highlighted
Champion (LVL:1)

Yes, I would suggest calling and see if they are any more help. 

If the person you get isn't any more help you can also ask to speak to a manager who should hopefully be more helpful... hopefully.

---
Highlighted
Rookie (LVL:4)

Tola Phang I need registration, and also someone give me a hand on accounts detailed
Highlighted

Hi @tolaphang

I suggest you try giving Live Chat a go and someone from Boost should be able to help you out with your queries. 

Cheers, 

Luna

Community Moderator

If you have found the answer, don't forget to mark the post as an Accepted Solution as this will help other members find solutions faster. Has someone been helpful? Give them a Kudos to show your appreciation
Highlighted
Spectator

Hii ,
I am avneet . When I came in Australia .my cousin sister gave me her sim . Now , I wanna transfer this number on my name and all details.Thankyou if u can help me.my mobile phone number is <Removed>

Highlighted
Community Founder

@Avneet wrote:

I wanna transfer this number on my name and all details.

Best to talk to Boost support directly.

This community forum is for Boost Australia queries only. I am a Boost customer, and my comments are purely voluntary. For Boost Support please contact PH 1258881 or https://livechat.boost.com.au/