Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Outrageously slow mobile data

Highlighted
Rookie (LVL:3)

Howdy

I've recently moved to Albany on Western Australia's south coast, a sizeable town of about 35,000 and no shortage of mobile services.

However I'm finding mobile data speeds are awful. Night time speeds are regularly 0.5mbps - sometimes lower.

Was this to be expected? I'd love to discuss a refund if this is the quality of service available. I don't understand why a service running off the Telstra network would be so poor.

Thanks.

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted

Re: Outrageously slow mobile data

I'm currently downloading at 4kbps. Come on, this is ridiculous service. 

Highlighted
Community Founder

Could be a local area issue (outage etc). Or could be the phone make/model and what network bands it has access to.

This community forum is for Boost Australia queries only. I am a Boost customer, and my comments are purely voluntary. For Boost Support please contact PH 1258881 or https://livechat.boost.com.au/

Highlighted

Hi, Im living in the same town. I have been with Boost for 2 months now and never seen any speed over 1Mbps. I have been testing daily averaging at 0.4Mbps. There is no shortages and I have been using an unlocked phone. I also know my phone is accepting boost as when I was in Perth I did a test and got 34Mbps. is there a problem in Albany? has boost mobile have access to albany telstra towers or are we getting signal straight from Perth?