Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Outback network access

Outback network access

Highlighted
Rookie (LVL:3)

Outback network access

I live in a remote area and travel to areas where typically only Telstra has had access in my experience.

Some of these places for example are Yuendumu, Kintore, Hermannsburg, Wallace Rockhole and some on the main drag like Erldunda, Marla Bore, to name butr a few.

The coverage map suggests these are all covered and all the other places I visit, but I've been fooled before by other providers in the past - so I'd like to confirm coverage before moving from Telstra ...

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Champion (LVL:1)

Re: Outback network access

The coverage map is based on the parts of the Telstra 3G and 4G network which Boost uses, for the most part they have access to everything except for the 4GX speeds 

---
Highlighted

I'd love to trade 'for the most part' with 'yes it is confirmed to work in these locations' ;-)

Highlighted

AS far as I am aware, Boost is owned and operated by Telstra using all their towers, so I imagine covergae would be the same as Telstra.

Highlighted
Champion (LVL:1)

I would expect it should work, but the only way to guarantee would be to try, if the map says yes, it means that according to Telstra’s agreement they have mapped it to be within the agreed network.

@Chuckles they are a seperate company, however, have agreement with Telstra to provide the network and manage parts of the support as well.
---