Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Optimising signal strength.

Highlighted
Rookie (LVL:3)

Signal always seems to be lower than I'd expect having swapped from Optus. I have a Samsung Note 9 (SM-N960F). Even we alling about town (Coffs Harbour) I've currently got 1 bar 4g.
Just wanted to check my APN settings (not sure where to find the official ones, Google Boost APN settings differ from my phone Telstra settings) and any other possible settings. The old Telstra set up your phone site where it text through the details doesn't appear to be live anymore.
Maybe i'm just expecting more? I use it for my work phone uploading photos and logs of jobs, so as fast as possible helps in this regard.
5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted

Re: Optimising signal strength.

Just how it is?
Highlighted
Community Founder

I assume that you are only looking at the signal meter? Even 1 bar of 4G signal normally results in decent connectivity.

Are you getting any drop outs?

* I am a Boost Australia customer. This is a peer to peer community where users help each other.

Highlighted

Typically have 1 or 2 bars out of 5. Just thought it should have been better but maybe that's an Optus/ Telstra difference. APN settings seen automatic. Telstra named not Boost named. Just was hoping to check I had it as good as could be.
Highlighted
Spectator

Both my wife and myself switched from optus recently. We’re having a lot of dropouts too. Have to restart again and again for signal reception. We live in liverpool NSW area. I mean not even rural. I don’t know if it’s even fixable or where I should ring.
Highlighted
Community Founder

@NW wrote:
Both my wife and myself switched from optus recently. We’re having a lot of dropouts too. Have to restart again and again for signal reception. We live in liverpool NSW area. I mean not even rural. I don’t know if it’s even fixable or where I should ring.

It could be either a legitimate reception issue, or it might be the phone band capabilities.

What phone make/model are you using? And was it originally bought via a telco?

* I am a Boost Australia customer. This is a peer to peer community where users help each other.