Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No connectivity while overseas

Spectator

Hi,
I am currently in the UK. I am unable to make or receive calls or send text messages. I purchased an add-on before I left as instructed in order to enable roaming.
I do seem to be able to access mobile data - i just can't make calls or send texts.
Any help would be appreciated!
Tags (1)
3 REPLIES 3
Community Manager

Re: No connectivity while overseas

Hi hoskerism, 

International roaming is active on all Boost accounts (unless you have previously turned it off by contacting customer support). This means you can receive SMS while overseas.

To make or receive calls or send SMS while overseas, you’ll need to:

1. Ensure international roaming is turned on
  2. Top up your prepaid plan with a $5 Add-On
    (If you joined Boost between 12 July 2016-31 October 2017 and have not changed your offer you’ll need a $15 Bolt-On. If you joined before 12 July 2016 you’ll need a $10 Add-On)

Roaming is available in most countries commonly visited from Australia. International roaming rates are higher than rates within Australia. Check call rates for the country you’re visiting here.

if you are having difficulties please contact Boost via live chat (24hrs, 7 days) 

Regards - 

Spectator

Everything you’ve suggested hasn’t worked and I can’t access live chat at all. I’ve paid $15 for a Bolt on and was assured it would work. I’m now in another country and can’t make calls or text so have not been able to contact my family I am meeting here. Not happy!!!!
Community Manager

I'm sorry to hear that Julesem

Have you been able to get your phone up and running since then? 

If you have purchased the Bolt on and have international roaming activated you should be able to make and receive calls. 

Otherwise all I can recommend is to get in contact with support on 125 8881 (8am-9pm, 7 days) or on live chat (24hrs, 7 days)

Regards -