Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

International roaming is not working

Kelvin19
Rookie (LVL:3)

Hi, there,

I am with Boost under $150 a year package.

As I need to go to oversea, I purchased $15 add-on twice. However, my mobile keep no service while I am at oversea at the moment.

I try to talk with the live chat as I cannot ring anyone, but the live chat is closed as Covid 19.

Can I get someone help me to resolve this issue?

Kelvin

Tags (1)
5 REPLIES 5
pvandenh
Community Founder

Re: International roaming is not working

What country are you in?

What is the phone make/model?

* I am a Boost Australia customer. This is a peer to peer community where users help each other.

Kelvin19

In Ukraine.

Phone is iphone 8 plus

pvandenh
Community Founder

OK.

The phone is capable, but I suspect there may be an issue with the Boost website regarding Ukraine roaming arrangements, as Telstra prepaid network doesn't offer roaming to Ukraine at all (which would normally indidcate Boost doesn't either).

https://www.telstra.com.au/international-roaming/pre-paid-mobile#check-availability

This may be an issue to resolve with Boost support when you finally return (or can call them).

Sorry it isn't better news.

* I am a Boost Australia customer. This is a peer to peer community where users help each other.

ashliem
Community Manager

Hi @Kelvin19 

Apologies for the issues you've had with International Roaming. I've been able to confirm that the information on the Boost website here is correct. Ukraine is not included in the $60 Boost International Roaming Recharge, but you should still be able to roam from Ukraine, with rates currently listed as $5 per minute for calls, and 65c per SMS.

I'm hoping you have been able to get this working since posting? There are a few troubleshooting tips available here which may help, if still needed.

Unfortunately the only other option may be to contact Boost customer service, though as you've noted, there are longer than normal wait times due to COVID-19. 

Apologies again - I hope this helps!

Kelvin19

Hi, Ashlie,

No, still not working. I purchased $15 add-on twice. As I activated the international roaming in Australia but it is not working in Ukraine, I thought the add-on finished so I purchased second time in Ukraine.

Also, I have contacted Boost customer center and they ask me to contact Telstra technical team. However, the Telstra technical team said they don't have access the Boost account.

I supposed to get refund, but it is hard to reach Boost. Terrible experience.