Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to enable international roaming

SOLVED
Rookie (LVL:4)

Setting up international roaming for my father who will be going to South Korea.

He has purchased a $15 add-on. The thing I'm a bit confused about is how to "enable international roaming". Is this automatically enabled when he arrives in Korea? Or is there a setting he needs to configure on his phone (Samsung Galaxy S10)?

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Founder

Re: How to enable international roaming

It is enabled by default.

Just be aware of the higher rates while roaming. For Korea, it will be charged at $2,50 per minute for calls made/received, and $3 per MB for data.

Given how much the data is, and the fact that even turning on the phone would consume a couple MB of data while it syncs, I would suggest setting the phone to NOT roam for data (this setting will only stop data, not calls/sms). Probably best to leave data for when near wifi etc.

In Android, that setting is in section "Mobile Networks". It is just a toggle called "Data Roaming".

This community forum is for Boost Australia queries only. I am a Boost customer, and my comments are purely voluntary. For Boost Support please contact PH 1258881 or https://livechat.boost.com.au/

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Community Founder

It is enabled by default.

Just be aware of the higher rates while roaming. For Korea, it will be charged at $2,50 per minute for calls made/received, and $3 per MB for data.

Given how much the data is, and the fact that even turning on the phone would consume a couple MB of data while it syncs, I would suggest setting the phone to NOT roam for data (this setting will only stop data, not calls/sms). Probably best to leave data for when near wifi etc.

In Android, that setting is in section "Mobile Networks". It is just a toggle called "Data Roaming".

This community forum is for Boost Australia queries only. I am a Boost customer, and my comments are purely voluntary. For Boost Support please contact PH 1258881 or https://livechat.boost.com.au/

View solution in original post

Rookie (LVL:4)

Awesome thank you!