Boost Mobile Community
Got a Question? Search Current Forums
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How old do I have to be to activate a Boost SIM Card?

Highlighted
Rookie (LVL:3)

Hello,

I am a student of 15 years old and was wondering if I need my parents to activate a SIM card under their name or if I could save them the trouble (they both work 9-5 jobs and are very busy most of the time) and activate it myself.

Thanks

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Champion (LVL:1)

Re: How old do I have to be to activate a Boost SIM Card?

There is no national minimum age for prepaid services, however you would need an appropriate form(s) of ID to be able to complete the activation. 

The accepted ID are here

Otherwise if you don't have these a Telstra Store may be able to help with their extended ID list here

---
Highlighted
Rookie (LVL:3)

Hello,

Thanks for the speedy reply. I have just attempted to purchase a SIM card online but while entering in my birthdate I realised that 2001 is not on the list and the years start at 1998. Can you please check if this is the case with the activation as well because I do not want to purchase a $40 SIM only to find out I cannot activate it and have to wait until a time when my parents are free. I can purchase the SIM at my local Woolworths so that is not the problem I just need to know if I can activate it myself and yes I do have my passport available to confirm my identity.

Thanks again

Highlighted

I will check with one of the community managers whom may be able to confirm for me. 

I will come back after I have confirmed.

---
Highlighted

Ok, online order have a minimum age of 18, however as long as you are over 10 and have the required ID you should be right based on what the information I have been given is. So if you get it from your local store (woolies, coles, and the like), and you should be able to activate it via the website as long as your ID is good.  

If you have any issues, the support team do have a chat in which they can help, and if you have a Telstra store nearby they can actually help activate it for you too. 

---
Highlighted
Spectator

What if I am turning 10?

@DrQ wrote:

Ok, online order have a minimum age of 18, however as long as you are over 10 and have the required ID you should be right based on what the information I have been given is. So if you get it from your local store (woolies, coles, and the like), and you should be able to activate it via the website as long as your ID is good.  

If you have any issues, the support team do have a chat in which they can help, and if you have a Telstra store nearby they can actually help activate it for you too.