Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Early Recharge issue; causing minus the days of plan we should be able to use

SOLVED
Rookie (LVL:3)

Today (25/12/2020), I recharged a new 12 month plan, 7 days prior to the expiry date of the existing 12 month plan.

My current plan expires on 1/1/2021 and the boost app now shows that my new plan expires on 25/12/2021 not on 1/1/2022.

My new 12 month plan should start from 2/1/2021 and expire on 1/1/2022. However the new plan expires 25/12/2021. Just because I recharged the boost plan 7 days earlier than the expiry date of the current plan, I lost 7 days of mobile phone usage due to the early recharging.

As we recharge early, we loose the number of days we should be able to use.

How can we escalate this matter and fix the problem?

Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Founder

Re: Early Recharge issue; causing minus the days of plan we should be able to use

It is fairly normal for a prepaid service to work exactly that way.

The expiry date doesn't extend upon early recharge. Best to recharge on the expiry date, in terms of maximising value.

I have a calendar reminder set on my expiry date.

* I am a Boost Australia customer. This is a peer to peer community where users help each other.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Community Founder

Re: Early Recharge issue; causing minus the days of plan we should be able to use

It is fairly normal for a prepaid service to work exactly that way.

The expiry date doesn't extend upon early recharge. Best to recharge on the expiry date, in terms of maximising value.

I have a calendar reminder set on my expiry date.

* I am a Boost Australia customer. This is a peer to peer community where users help each other.

View solution in original post

Rookie (LVL:3)

Thank you for your opinion.

For me, it is not fair and not normal to receive only 358 days of usage when I make 365 days of payment.

This prepaid service should not work this way which requires all individual customers to use calendar reminder of the expiry dates and try to recharge on the exact expiry date manually.

I believe that IT technology has improved enough to be able to adjust any early recharge to resume from the expiry date automatically.

I use this forum to share the situation with other customers so as other people do not lose their usages unfairly.

I have escalated this matter. Hopefully Boost manages this matter appropriately.