cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Don't recharge before expiry day

Rookie (LVL:3)

Hey guys, just a heads up, I recharged my access 3 days before expiry day (because of the long weekend and I didn't want to forget) but it changed my new expiry date to 28 days from when I recharged. This means I lost the 3 days service which was already prepaid. I thought this was wrong and got onto customer service (Charyne Harra) who said "I understand that's not fair however  that's the process we have". So guys, just be aware and only recharge on the expiry date or you'll get ripped off.

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Community Founder

Re: Don't recharge before expiry day

It is the same with all prepaid mobile plans, as far I have noticed.

Recharges take effect immediately, and they do not extend the previous expiry.

You can also use the auto-recharge option, and that will make sure the recharge doesn't occur until the expiry date.

* I am a Boost Australia customer. This is a peer to peer community where users help each other.

Highlighted
Rookie (LVL:3)

Re: Don't recharge before expiry day

I know you can set up the auto recharge option, but a lot of people are having problems with that. What I am having a problem with is that I am being PENALIZED just for paying a few days early. Most businesses give you discounts for paying early. Not only that but those extra days have ALREADY been paid for so you are double dipping, wondering if this is even LEGAL.