Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disgusting unannounced removal of international roaming

Highlighted
Rookie (LVL:3)

This has got to go down as one of the worst business decisions ever.

While so many Aussie are stuck overseas with covid related restriction this company decides to stop their international roaming service.  So preventing them from accessing their banking and other important services with 2 factor authentication.

How much notice did they give their customers? None

What transition plans did they give to their customers? None.

What refunds or compensation did they offer their customers? None.

What communication paths did they give to their customers? None.

(No 'Message Us' service on thier website despite mulitple announcements to use such service.)

An absolutley disgusting kick in the guts.

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Community Founder

Re: Disgusting unannounced removal of international roaming

@imarkphillips2 wrote:

How much notice did they give their customers? None

There was an SMS sent out in late August/ early september advising of the changes.

Possibly if you had the phone off during that period, the SMS attempts didn't get through.

(No 'Message Us' service on thier website despite mulitple announcements to use such service.)

If you cannot see the "Message us" button on the help page, you may have an adblocker on the browser you are using. Disable that, reload the page, and you will see the orange button appear.

* I am a Boost Australia customer. This is a peer to peer community where users help each other.

Highlighted
Rookie (LVL:3)

And exactly how does that help the substance of the complain? It doesn't 

Highlighted
Community Founder

@PeterH wrote:

And exactly how does that help the substance of the complain? It doesn't 

Most of what was written I cannot answer, as I do not work for Boost (I am a long term customer sharing my experience is all). I could answer some things from what I had experienced.

Note that these are community forums, and aren't manned by Boost support staff. If anyone has a complaint that you want to bring to the attention of Boost, then best to address that via the appropriate complaints process.

https://boost.com.au/about-boost-mobile/compliments-complaints/

* I am a Boost Australia customer. This is a peer to peer community where users help each other.