Did you mean: 

Data Activation on New SIM

SOLVED
hannah
Rookie (LVL:3)

Hi,

I just bought a BOOST $40 ULTD and I followed the instructions to activate my card yesterday.

Sure enough within 20 or so minutes there was an SMS from BOOST saying it has been activated and ready to go. I started making calls and sending texts but I still don't have my 2.5G of data activated and it's driving me nuts because I bought this card for the high volume of data more than anything else.

I tried to restart my phone and turn my mobile data on, and I received another SMS from Boost saying the service you requested is being activated. It will be done in less than 4 hours. It's been 12 hours now and still nothing.

I use a Samsung Galaxy Note II and it is compatible with this card running up to 4G LTE.

I tried the LiveChat but I waited an hour almost being first in line and then the page refreshed and asked ne to start again. Great.

Hope you can help!
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
nefy
Community Founder

Re: Data Activation on New SIM

First you need to confirm the Following

- check #111# make sure that you have data

- check WIFI make sure it is OFF

- Check Mobile Data, make sure it is ON

- check Access Point Names make sure you have Telstra Internet (telstra.wap)

if you have the APN blank on your phone go to this page and set it up yourself

http://configure.telstra.com.au/telstra/index.jsp

If you were able to get the answer pls don't forget to mark the post as an Accepted Solution. If you also found someone helpful do not forget to give them Kudos to show your appreciation." None of us here are working for Boost or Telstra we are just here to help and share.
-nefy-

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
nefy
Community Founder

First you need to confirm the Following

- check #111# make sure that you have data

- check WIFI make sure it is OFF

- Check Mobile Data, make sure it is ON

- check Access Point Names make sure you have Telstra Internet (telstra.wap)

if you have the APN blank on your phone go to this page and set it up yourself

http://configure.telstra.com.au/telstra/index.jsp

If you were able to get the answer pls don't forget to mark the post as an Accepted Solution. If you also found someone helpful do not forget to give them Kudos to show your appreciation." None of us here are working for Boost or Telstra we are just here to help and share.
-nefy-

View solution in original post

hannah
Rookie (LVL:3)

Hi Nefy,

Thanks so much for the help. Yes it worked and everything is fine. 

(: 

Cheers

nefy
Community Founder

anytime... hannah

-nefy-
anuragc_09
Spectator

Hi, I tried the above mentioned steps n yet my mobile Internet doesn't work. Please help. .
DallasG
Rookie (LVL:4)

Thanks so much, telstra thing worked, was starting to think I messed up somewhere, all working fine, joined boost for the awesome data, coming from 100mb/m will be interesting.