Ever since I was updated to the new app I haven't been able to set up my auto recharge. If I can't sort it this month I'm changing carrier as the people on the help line have no idea either. They just tell me to recharge and then set it up. I don't get the option to set it up and I can only try that once a month when I recharge.
I've tried both the app, and by dialling #111#
Can anyone here help me out? The only reason I'm perservering is I'd prefer to stay on the telstra network.
I have had exactly the same issue and been told by customer service months ago that they are aware of the issue and app is being fixed accordingly...
I've had the same trouble. It's happened before in the past year also.
I received a text from Boost saying that I needed to set-up auto-recharge again before my current recharge expires. I set it up and they activated it immediately, instead of in 2 WEEKS TIME when my next recharge was due to happen.
If they do this to everyone, they'll be making additional money from everybody that they were never entitled to receive. If no-one does anything about it – they'll get away with stealing.
I didn't realize that you could phone them – last time I was FORCED to use "chat" and it went on for DAYS. I used "chat" this time and told them I had 10 minutes to resolve the issue because I had somewhere I needed to be and it still took 60 minutes. Unbelievable.
I see now that they have contact phone numbers available again and strongly suggest trying that avenue first as the "chat" help is so convoluted and timing wasting.
I 'think' my problem was resolved but won't know for a few days until my refund arrives in my account.
Good luck to you
I have this trouble too. Was on a standard prepaid plan with auto-recharge. Received messages and emails about the "upgrade". Followed the instructions and downloaded the new app - My Boost. Terrible trouble registering so I could use the app. Some lengthy calls to Boost support and I believe I was logged in for a while at least. Recharged and got the option to auto recharge. Tapped it and got a message 'Safari cannot find the page because the address is invalid'. Back to phone support. Support got me to try things, but nothing worked. Eventually they got me to try logging in again. Couldn't. Message said my login didn't match their records. Wouldn't tell me what their records said. Round and round. It eventually came out that the problem was my bigpond.com email address. "The app doesn't work with bigpond addresses. Use another email. I don't have one, don't want one. I said "so the problem is not me, it's your app. When are you going to fix it". Reply was "It's a non issue, and the problem is technical" . The only options presented were get a third party email address or upgrade to a different plan, neither of which suit me. I was also told there are no plans to fix it. The funny thing was, the app had no problem sending a receipt to my bigpond email address. No explanation when I put this to support. Looks like I'll be transferring to another carrier.
I manage the phone for my elderly Mum and I am also a boost customer. My Mum of 94 was left with out a phone because I am unable to re set up auto recharge since I changed to the new app and had not realised her phone no longer auto re-charges. I have since tried many times to reinstate the auto recharge for both our phones. The help line was not helpfull and told me they could tak me through the set up which I had previously done without a problem, it is now so inconvenient not to have it auto recharged.
When will it be fixed????
Why does the help line staff insist that it was a user problem when I rang, now I understand from this forum that it is the new app that is the problem and I am not on my own with this problem.
I finally got it sorted. I had to set up a NEW boost id on my COMPUTER as for some reason I couldn't do it from my phone. Once that actually worked I reinstalled the app and signed in and auto recharge was there as an option.
If Boost wasn't on the Telstra Network I wouldn't b with them any more. Their support is completely useless.
I've just been through the whole Myapp and recharge debacle while helping my elderly father with his Boost service.
What has actually happened is that Boost are forcibly updating existing users to the new app and in so doing, it cancels their auto recharge which used to recharge on a set date each month and forces them to recharge every 28 days, in effect, giving Boost an extra payment a year. It's not rocket science to figure out but it's also not made obvious ... especially to older customers or if you're not paying attention.
The app is ridiculously frustrating and unless you can get past the recaptcha bit, you can't even get to the recharge options.
The trick with the recaptcha (where it keeps telling you to tick the box, even though you have!!) trick is to let it time out and then you have to tick again. Only then does it let you move forward..
All in all, Boost has gone from a pretty decent alternative provider to a really crappy one by scoring extra $$$ in an underhanded way and updating (backwards!!) to a new app that is crap.
My advice..... Change to Aldi mobile. Rates are based on 30 day expiry and stll with Telstra carrier. I've just changed my mum to an Aldi prepaid and had no problems like Boost are giving now.
I had a similar experience this morning, except the "Expert" (this was literally their name in the chat) didn't even get to the point of telling me how to auto recharge, they just told me to set up a Boost ID... For an account I've been using with the new MyBoost app for a couple of months already.
Also no auto recharge button for me in the app either. No idea why. Might also need to change provider.