Did you mean: 

Call waiting feature not working after porting

SOLVED
Highlighted
Spectator

Hi,

I ported my number (mobile number removed for your privacy) from vodafone to Boost. Since porting happened my call waiting funstion is not working ( if I'm on a call next incoming call direclty goes to my VM wherewa with vodaphone call waiting was available for upto three call at a time.

Please activate this feature on my number.

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Community Founder

Re: Call waiting feature not working after porting

You will want to delete your phone number from that post. This is a public forum, and so you will no doubt get some unwanted calls if you aren't careful.

Call waiting is disabled by default on Boost.

To enable it, dial *43#.

This community forum is for Boost Australia queries only. I am a Boost customer, and my comments are purely voluntary. For Boost Support please contact PH 1258881 or https://livechat.boost.com.au/

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Community Founder

You will want to delete your phone number from that post. This is a public forum, and so you will no doubt get some unwanted calls if you aren't careful.

Call waiting is disabled by default on Boost.

To enable it, dial *43#.

This community forum is for Boost Australia queries only. I am a Boost customer, and my comments are purely voluntary. For Boost Support please contact PH 1258881 or https://livechat.boost.com.au/

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Community Founder

@Lucky wrote:

Hi,

I ported my number (mobile number removed for your privacy) from vodafone to Boost. Since porting happened my call waiting funstion is not working ( if I'm on a call next incoming call direclty goes to my VM wherewa with vodaphone call waiting was available for upto three call at a time.

Please activate this feature on my number.

Thanks

Call waiting has to be activated on your phone.

If you were able to get the answer pls don't forget to mark the post as an Accepted Solution. If you also found someone helpful do not forget to give them Kudos to show your appreciation." None of us here are working for Boost or Telstra we are just here to help and share.
-nefy-
Highlighted
Spectator

Re Call waiting feature not working after porting

I ported my number to Boost a week ago.  I cannot get call waiting since my porting.  I spoke with Boost.  I am told by a number of them that Telsra does not allow Boost customers to use call waiting but Telstra allows its customers to activate call waiting.  I spoke with Telstra technical staff members.  According to Telstra, Telstra do not control 'call waiting'.  If the phone has the 'call waiting' feature and if it is activated, it will work.  I use Moto x4.  The 'call waiting' feture is activated on my phone but it does not work. I dont even get missed call record since porting my number across to Boost.When I with Virgin Mobile (now closing down) - both my 'call waiting' and missed call records were seen.  This is importtant to ensure that I answer calls that I am expecting. I have tried *43# - it does not work on any of my phones - with Boost sim.  I am about to submit complaint to TIO as I am wasting my time talking to Boost and Telstra. 

Highlighted
Amateur (LVL:1)

Re: Re Call waiting feature not working after porting

I think I managed to work out why *43# wasn't working.  On new devices, turn of wifi calling and try again, appeared to work straight away for me.

EDIT: Scratch that.  Boost mobile does not support call waiting for prepaid services.  I can't believe such an essential feature is not avaiable, but there you go.  Ported out as soon as I was told by customer service.

Highlighted
Rookie (LVL:3)

Re: Re Call waiting feature not working after porting

It looks like this feature has been disabled to force customers to a high priced product, ie. their parent company Telstra Smiley Sad