Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Boost have mixed up with my account

SOLVED
paulelhawzi
Rookie (LVL:3)

Hi All, my current mobile phone number is *removed to protect your privacy* and it's with optus I have sent a request to get a sim from boost and port my number I received the sim but my number isn't active after i activated it this is very urgent, please assist . sim serial number *removed to protect your privacy*You can reach me on *removed to protect your privacy*

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
pvandenh
Community Founder

Re: Boost have mixed up with my account

The question when you are ordering isn't the porting process. It is just a question.

It actually doesn't know which actual specific SIM serial number the warehouse will post out to you, so cannot begin porting.

The porting is done during activation only (using the tab option in the link above).

You might be best to talk to Boost customer service, and see what they can do. Maybe they can send you out a new sim card to activate and try the porting again.

* I am a Boost Australia customer. This is a peer to peer community where users help each other.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
pvandenh
Community Founder

The porting process is part of Activation. 

https://activate.boost.com.au/activate;jsessionid=26F7C21090D3C3EA47B36D4809DAA9B8?execution=e1s1

You need to select "Bring my phone number" and follow the prompts. If you don't do that, you will activate the new number, and cannot port over the top of it (you will need to get a new sim and begin the process again).

* I am a Boost Australia customer. This is a peer to peer community where users help each other.

paulelhawzi

It didn't ask me to port my number when i was activating it but when i filled up the form it asked me if i want to port my number
pvandenh
Community Founder

The question when you are ordering isn't the porting process. It is just a question.

It actually doesn't know which actual specific SIM serial number the warehouse will post out to you, so cannot begin porting.

The porting is done during activation only (using the tab option in the link above).

You might be best to talk to Boost customer service, and see what they can do. Maybe they can send you out a new sim card to activate and try the porting again.

View solution in original post

paulelhawzi

how can reach them 

what 's the phone number?

CJNET24
Community Founder

The number is on boost.com.au and all starter kits, 125 8881
CORY | I do not work for Boost or Telstra.

Boost Care: 125 8881 or 1800 026 678 . Or Live Chat 24x7: http://livechat.boost.com.au
nefy
Community Founder

have you activated the number on the sim card already? 

if not you can either do any of the following;

-boost.com.au/activate and select "bring my phone number" tab.

- call boost 1258881

- contact live chat.

just a heads up, ordering a sim card online does not mean when you receivvc it, its autimatically activated. you still have to do the activation yourself through any of the options I have just provided.

If you were able to get the answer pls don't forget to mark the post as an Accepted Solution. If you also found someone helpful do not forget to give them Kudos to show your appreciation." None of us here are working for Boost or Telstra we are just here to help and share.
-nefy-
rashid89

I recharged and only gave me Internet access or text. I'm on the 40 unlimited prepaid
nefy
Community Founder

what number are you trying to dial?

if you can send SMS definitely you should be able to make phone calls as well.

If you were able to get the answer pls don't forget to mark the post as an Accepted Solution. If you also found someone helpful do not forget to give them Kudos to show your appreciation." None of us here are working for Boost or Telstra we are just here to help and share.
-nefy-