Boost Mobile Community
Got a Question? Search Current Forums
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

After porting number - phone is correct but text messages appear as a different number

After porting number - phone is correct but text messages appear as a different number

Amateur (LVL:1)

I switched from Telstra to Boost on Saturday and want to keep my number. I thought it was working...I receive phone calls and text messages on my old number, and when I call other people they also see the correct old number. However when I send a text message the receiver sees a different phone number and are not sure who is texting them. That simply doesn't make sense.

It is now Monday, 52 hours after I switched to Boost. Can you please help.
2 REPLIES 2
Champion (LVL:1)

Re: After porting number - phone is correct but text messages appear as a different number

So you had contacted Boost and got a blank sim then contacted them again to get it activated once you had received it?

If it was a starter kit it might have bugged out the system, and it is likely the number that is on the starter kit.

Either way if you chat or call support they will be able to process either a fix or a request to get it fixed for you. They are on 125888 or http://livechat.boost.com.au
---
Spectator

Re: After porting number - phone is correct but text messages appear as a different number

I'm having this same problem – did you find a fix?