cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adding ‘top up’ data to auto recharge $40 unltd plus

Rookie (LVL:4)

I have the Unltd Plus $40 offer - paid for every 28 days via auto recharge.

Mostly the dat allowance is sufficient for me, but this month it is looking like I may need a bit more.

FAQ's suggest I should be able to purchase a 'bolt-on' or 'Add On' to obtain a top up for my data use. 

However I have been unable to find anywhere I can purchase this extra data. The Boost app on my phone & the online recharge option give no method of purchasing extra data. The online recharge option shows the $15 'Bolt On', but no mention of extra data, only overseas calls, roaming etc which I dont need. 

Can I just purchase extra data to seem me through this month - if so how? Or is this not possible? (And if not possible - why not?)

4 REPLIES
Community Manager

Re: Adding ‘top up’ data to auto recharge $40 unltd plus

Hi Cuppa, 

You are correct, there is not an option for a "top up" just your mobile data. You can purchase the $15 Bolt on and you will get extra data charged at 10c per mb. You can see the rates here http://boost.com.au/rates/

If you find that you are regularly going over your data allowance you will need to move up to the next recharge tier of $50 which gives you 7GB + 1GB extra to use every weekend (total 11Gb per month). You can find a breakdown of the rates and inclusions here http://boost.com.au/rates/

Regards - 

Rookie (LVL:4)

"

Hi Cuppa,

You are correct, there is not an option for a "top up" just your mobile data. You can purchase the $15 Bolt on and you will get extra data charged at 10c per mb. You can see the rates here http://boost.com.au/rates/"

Thanks for replying. That rate is the equivalent of a gobsmacking $100 per Gb!  I don't want to regularly exceed the data that $40 provides, but also don't want to pay the $50 for more each month & 'lose it' by not the using it all. Consequently it has made more economic sense for me to purchase a 25Gb from Telstra with 365 day expiry for $150 as a back up.  

Spectator

Hello, I am on the $50 plan and only 1/2 way through the month. Is there no way to just add data? Or do I need to renew the entire month, loose the rest of the value and change monthly auto payment date?
Community Manager

Hi Crabcam, 

If you want to use services not included in your Anytime Plus™ Recharge, you can purchase an Add-On. Our $5 Add-On gives you 500MB of data to use within Australia and also $5 Add-On credit to use on calls and texts while overseas and premium services. Our $15 Add-On gives you UNLTD® International Calls & Text to standard numbers in 10 destinations from Australia, plus $15 Add-On credit for International Calls & Text to standard international numbers from Australia to most other destinations at standard International rates.

You must have an active recharge to use an Add-On. Check the rates and cost of each service prior to use to ensure you understand how each service is charged.

You can purchase and Add on by using the recharge option in the Boost Mobile App, online at recharge.boost.com or by dialling #111#. 

Regards -