Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AUTO RECHARGE SET UP SCAM revealed

Jai
Rookie (LVL:4)

I’ve been with a lot of networks NOT one has such absurd complex auto-recharge setup. It’s set up so BOOST can cheat you out of credited days. One should be able to set up Auto-recharge, turn it on and off at will. But you can not with BOOST.
You’ll only get 28 days of credit until after the month you setup Auto-recharge. That’s 2 months of 28 days.
Boost says is to get your CC details.
This is not true. There is a method to there madness.

Once you’ve set Auto-recharge you will get a full month. BUT BEWARE ........
Here’s what BOOST do not DISCLOSE.

HERE IS HOW TO AUTO RECHARGE
1. Do not recharge till the expiry day or your credit will be lost.
2. You must set AUTO-RECHARGE straight after your first recharge, proceed directly with your 4 digit pin to AUTO RECHARGE setup.
2. WARNING - DO NOT choose which day you’d like to recharge between day 1 to 31.
THATS THE PROBLEM THERE, choose only the same day you recharged, period!
3 You will get recharged on that day every month.
eg. Expiry was 31, If I’d put 1st. I would of paid again and lost a month of credit.
4. If you make a mistake with the day you can cancel autorecharge.
But then you can NOT correct it once your credit is active.
5. If you cancel, and your recharge credit has been activated. BOOST will have no CC details stored. You must start the whole process again, by recharging on the expiry date. And there is another 28 day period for you.
5. Telco’s make things so diffecult that we stuff up and they win a little bit more $$ along the way by our mistakes.
One good thing about all this. We are keeping service support personnel employed. Ha Ha!
3 REPLIES 3
Rookie (LVL:3)

Re: AUTO RECHARGE SET UP SCAM revealed

I've never had so much trouble with setting up an automatic payment for anything. So frustrated I've given up, especially after seeing your post, lol. Cheers, much appreciated!

Rookie (LVL:3)

If my credit expires on the 31st, wouldnt i always want it to recharge on the 31st so you get data rollever. As if you recharge on the 1st I beleive the system think you let your account lapse and data will not rollover

Jai
Rookie (LVL:4)

Yes that’s right. Always put the day it is showing it expires from the app.

I also found out THEY DO HAVE YOUR CREDIT CARD number.
If you’ve recharged once and checked auto recharge then cancelled it because you make a mistake in the day, you “can’t” set it on auto again till next recharge. When you ring service they’ll tell you we don’t have your CC so we can’t set it. But your CC is in the system at that point.

Here’s how I did it.

Set Autorecharge over phone.
#111#
option 1 for recharge
option 3 autorecharge
Date - Expiry day
Amount - listen for option. Eg. 30
Pin - The pin you set up to autorecharge via app.
Tags (1)