cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

4g downgrading to 3g

4g downgrading to 3g

Amateur (LVL:2)

4g downgrading to 3g

When I bought my s8 I had 4g now I have 3g I'm noticing a huge difference my fiance is having same issue
1 REPLY
Highlighted
Community Manager

Re: 4g downgrading to 3g

Hey @Vicensimus

Can you please try turning off your phone again but this time please remove your SIM card for 10 - 15 minutes. Then go ahead and re-install your SIM and turn your phone back on. This will force a network update to your device and hopefully, if it has been applied correctly, your service should function correctly.

If this still does not get you back up and running, I would recommend checking to confirm that you are in a 4G coverage area here: http://boost.com.au/coverage-map/

You can also check to ensure that you have 4G or LTE enabled on your device by following these steps:

1. On the homescreen, swipe up for the Apps menu.
  2. Tap Settings.
  3. Tap Connections.
  4. Tap Mobile networks.
  5. Tap Network mode.
  6. If you want to use 4G, make sure LTE/3G/2G (auto connect) is enabled. If you just want to connect to our 3G network, choose 3G/2G (auto connect) or 3G only.

If none of the above works, please get in touch with Boost Support on 125 8881 (8am-9pm, 7 days) or via Live Chat (24hrs, 7 days) and we will happily assist you further in getting your service up and running.

Thanks