Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

$150 Recharge confusion

$150 Recharge confusion

Highlighted
Spectator

$150 Recharge confusion

I'm up for my $150 recharge in September, but just checking online with the $150 plan it says "CURRENT CUSTOMERS:
Recharge available to customers who activate before 10 August." 

So I'm confused and reading it that I must activate before Aug 10 to continue with this plan. Yet,  I would lose a month of my plan.

Is that right? I am a current customer so this does apply to me.

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Community Founder

Re: $150 Recharge confusion

The way I have understood it, is the $150 plan (as it exists today) will be available as a recharge to customers on that plan before August (which you are).

So I would say hold out to September to recharge. Otherwise you will be losing a ~month of your current expiry.

This community forum is for Boost Australia queries only. I am a Boost customer, and my comments are purely voluntary. For Boost Support please contact PH 1258881 or https://livechat.boost.com.au/

Highlighted
Rookie (LVL:3)

Could you please explain again @pvandenh as I'm still unclear after your reply.

Im in the same position as @Pat108 - current Boost customer of $150 long expiry plan with my recharge expiring in Sept 2020. The website says for current customers to recharge before 10 August. As you have indicated we will lose out on a month before current expiry.

However do you know if we still will be able to recharge back to the $150 same plan after August if we hold out till September?

Im unable to get on to anyone via the phone to speak with Boost directly.

Would really appreciate your thoughts and insight. Thanks!

Highlighted
Community Founder

While I do not work for Boost, their FAQ says that the $150 recharge plan will remain available for recharging for existing customers (customers who activate/join Boost before 10th August, according to the other page).

https://boost.com.au/get-help/vouchers-faq-010720/#SO-IS-THE-100-AND-150-RATE-PLAN-STILL-AVAILABLE

I suspect there is a new plan coming out after August, and new customers won't be able to join the old plan we are on now. But we would be able to change to the new plan on our next recharge if we wanted to. Atleast, that is how it worked previously when plan changes have happened.

I also am on on the $150 plan with expiry after August, along with many other people. I don't plan on recharging earlier than necessary.

This community forum is for Boost Australia queries only. I am a Boost customer, and my comments are purely voluntary. For Boost Support please contact PH 1258881 or https://livechat.boost.com.au/

Highlighted
Rookie (LVL:3)

Thank you - much appreciated!

Highlighted
Spectator

I'm in the same boat but I'm thinking the way it is worded is that you have to recharge before August 10 to get the $150 rate and it won't be available when my plan runs out in September. If I'm wrong I've lost 6 weeks of plan or about $19 compare to if I'm right in which case it will cost me an extra $150!