Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

porting delay

porting delay

Highlighted
Spectator

porting delay

I have requested porting of my existing number to a newly activated SIM on the evening of 17 March. It is now 19 March nearly midday.

I tried to call the customer support line and is still on-hold after 20 minutes, tried to chat online and was told Philippines team is offline during to COVID.

What is going on??? I think porting is automatic through the system, but now is still hanging in the middle???

Any help would be much appreciated.

16 REPLIES 16
Highlighted
Rookie (LVL:3)

Re: porting delay

Sorry Zesu, I am waiting from 15 March till now 19th 5.15pm with no progress. Wonder why?

Highlighted

The same as me... it starts really well for us 👌🏻

Highlighted

Same day same problem,who can help ?

Highlighted

This is a poor show. 5 days of waiting and no progress. Phone is on hold  for ever. Someone fro Boost must have an answer.Smiley Sad

Highlighted

I called there twice (at least 20 mins awaiting each call) and they said it would be activated in 24 hours (again), and passed its 24 hours it's still not working ...

Highlighted
Spectator

Hi all,

As a lot of people are experiencing porting delay and unable to get onto Helpdesk. I just want to share my experience to help people out. 

When I first asked about porting number from Telstra, the operator told me I couldn't do it until I moved from postpaid to prepaid. Then I could port my number to Boost Mobile. Telstra moved me from postpaid quickly because I called them on the first day of my bill cycle. So it lirately happened simultaneously. 

I was waiting for my blank SIM from Boost to arrive so I paid for one month prepaid with Telstra. Today, I called Boost to activate my blank SIM and port my number, they did it over the phone. Within 5 minutes, my number was ported from Telstra to Boost. 

Just wondering maybe the delay is because you are postpaid customer?
I'm sorry to hear it's not going smoothly. Good luck with it.  

Highlighted
Spectator

Looks like I'm not the only one.

Been 48 hrs.. Trying to move from Vodafone postpaid to boost and nothing yet.

My wife has moved from vodafone postpaid to boost and she was not asked to convert to prepaid first. So I don't think that is the issue.

Eitherways, good customer service would at least inform us about the reason for the delay and when we can expect it to happen, not just keep us hanging..

If this continues, not sure I'll stay with Boost for long or even recommend them.

Highlighted
Spectator

I've been waiting since March 9th! - even before all the COVID-19 shutdown. Trying to port a postpaid number from Exetel (Optus). I actually ported two numbers a few minutes apart. One went through within 24 hrs. The other I'm still waiting... Good luck getting anything done. I filed a TIO complaint since all the companies involved (Boost/Telstra and Exetel/Optus) keep blaming each other for the delay. None of them take responsibility.

I've been waiting as well, transferring from Vodafone prepaid - been about 48 hours to date with no mobile usage in that time!

Was just wondering if anyone psoting here has since had heir number ported and hwo long it ultimately took?