Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

error message: SIM invalid or already active

Highlighted
Rookie (LVL:3)

Trying to activate a SIM today, and getting the message:

The SIM serial or service number entered is invalid or is already active. Check that you’ve entered the correct SIM serial or service number before trying again.

I know it's not activated, the pack is still sealed. The expiry date on the pack is October 2020. Why can't I activate?

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Community Founder

Re: error message: SIM invalid or already active

Sounds like the sim pack maybe isn't activated yet. Normally done at the point of purchase.

Did you buy it from a physical retailer store? Possibly they didn't activate it when you bought it.

If so, best to take it back to them with your proof of purchase, and ask them to activate it for you.

This community forum is for Boost Australia queries only. I am a Boost customer, and my comments are purely voluntary. For Boost Support please contact PH 1258881 or https://livechat.boost.com.au/

Highlighted

What exactly does the retailer have to do to activate it?

I bought this a month ago (along with another SIM that activated without any issues). There's no way I can find proof of purchase.

Highlighted
Community Founder

Like with gift cards you buy from retailers, they must scan the card into their systems to make the sim card valid before it can be used. This is done to stop theft (otherwise people could just pickup the cards at the front of the shops without paying).

This community forum is for Boost Australia queries only. I am a Boost customer, and my comments are purely voluntary. For Boost Support please contact PH 1258881 or https://livechat.boost.com.au/

Highlighted
Spectator

Take your phone into a store anyway, even without proof of purchase, and ask advice. They should help. 

I have a similar problem with mine. Bought it yesterday, the girl set it up, told me to wait 10 mins and restart my phone for it to work. But it didn't, and I was miles away by then. It wants an activation code, and said I'd get a text within 4 hrs to complete set up. No text has arrived, and can't see anything useful on the website or forums, so I'll find a shop today and ask. 

Highlighted

I've been getting the same message for days now. Customer service says there are long delays porting phone numbers across from Vodafone. 

Highlighted
Spectator

Same problem, bought at supermart, went through self checkout, scanned card, error on screen assistant came and checked card through so probably no store activation, will try to get it activated locally as no receipt and we purchased the sim out of town. Sadly I found no help on the Activation Site, the error message should mention this as a possible issue.