cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

change over from kogan

change over from kogan

Rookie (LVL:3)

change over from kogan

I'm with kogan mobile so need another provider.

Can you tell me what you mean by Telstra 3G coverage.  Do you provide the exact same coverage as Telstra or only part as with kogan.

I found out my kogan mobile does not get coverage in Torres straight where a Telstra mob gets good coverage.

If you don't have full coverage I will have to pay through the nose and go with Telstra mob.

Do you offer any special deals to change over from kogan ?

Will you have 4G coverage in the near future or is Telstra keeping it to themselves ?

Have you considered an annual pre-pay deal like my kogan deal ?

any feedback much appreciated

6 REPLIES 6
Community Founder

Re: change over from kogan

Boost have the full Telstra 3G coverage. Currently, they have a half price startup sim kit ($20, which gets you the sim plus 30 days Unltd calls/SMS +3GB data upon initial activation). These deals are online via Boost shop, or in store at JB HiFi or **bleep** Smith, currently anyway.
Recharge is currently done manually (very easy via the phone itself), and auto recharge is being developed also.
No 4G, but Boost do have the full speed 3G Telstra network access (not limited speeds like Kogan was getting).

This forum is for Boost Australia queries only. For Boost Support please contact PH 1258881 or https://livechat.boost.com.au/

Community Founder

**bleep** should be Dieck (without the "e"). Auto censor.....

This forum is for Boost Australia queries only. For Boost Support please contact PH 1258881 or https://livechat.boost.com.au/

Thanks for prompt reply, looks like its worth paying slightly more to get the coverage.

I was contemplating Aldi but not worth it if they have the same coverage restriction as kogan

Waz

Be aware that the $40 recharge use to bet $30. Telstra is up to it's old tricks of putting prices up not down. I'm going to leave Boost and head back over to Optus where their peices are going down. The only reaston I'd use this Boost now after putting prices up after suckering people into coming over to them from the old Boost is if I needed the coverage.

Community Founder

Not true. Boost Unltd $40 deal has been the same for years. Even when Boost used to be on the Optus network (before Jan this year).
They do occasionally run half price starter kits ($20). But Boost (private company, not owned by Telstra) controls the pricing, not Telstra. Telstra just provides the network/back office support.

Rookie (LVL:4)

Boost has been $40 unlimited for years. Not sure why you are posting all over this site it's gone up because it hasn't.