Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

boost: provide the service or face the obudsman

Highlighted
Spectator

I'm not going to beat around the bush and talk about how difficult and annoying the situation is because I can see many others doing the same to no effect.

The ACCC enforces consumer guarantees in Australia including mobile providers under the Telecommunications Consumer Protections code. Just a quick breakdown of the most common core guarantees and their place in my interactions with Boost.

• Services must BE PROVIDED: Despite having a Boost SIM, activating it, and recharging it I do not have any mobile or data service.

• Services must be DELIVERED WITHIN A REASONABLE TIME AND BEFORE AN AGREED END DATE: 4 hours is the time frame agreed to which has well and truly passed, and the reasonable time, even accounting for COVID has also passed.

• Services must be FIT FOR PURPOSE: The SIM was purchased in a time and resource sensetive context and purchased knowing the standards for activation etc which were not, and still are not, provided. 

• Under both the core Aus Consumer Law and TCP code, EFFECTIVE COMMUNICATIONS to RESOLVE ISSUES and manage failures of service must be provided: I have tried every option (yes all of them) while calling Boost on multiple occassions over multiple days, and I have tried to find the button for live messaging on the website which has not be present for some time irrespective of the browser, device, and internet connection. 

I have no issue with reduced customer service as this is a wholesale mobile provider but I do have issue with breaches of consumer law.

If the SIM is not active and the recharged correctly and I'm not contacted by Boost to give an explanation for these breaches I will be submitting complaints to the ACCC, the telecoms obudsman, and will be pursuing compensation for the unneccessary time and emotional energy lost by these breaches. 

Boost: if there's more than 3 people working for your customer team at the moment, I expect an email within the next few hours. Thanks.