Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why is delivery for online Sim delayed

Highlighted
Spectator

I ordered the one year SIM yesterday morning.  The website and emai from Telstra both say

Subject to stock availability and your delivery location, you should receive your order within the following business days:

• Metro – Sydney, Melbourne, Adelaide, Perth, Canberra, Darwin, Hobart & Brisbane (all capital cities) if your order is placed by 4pm you will receive the next business day.
  • Non-Metro Areas 2-5 business days.
  • Regional/Rural/Remote areas – 2-7 business days.

I am in the metro area, five minutes from city centre.  The order receipt also says that they will send an email once the SIM has been shipped, but no email received, no text message, no phone call. 

I called the 1800 100 933 number and after waiting a long time and speaking to someone, they went away for ten minutes came back and then hung up.  Not helpful at all.

I tried the Live Chat and it is not a live chat.

For order cancellation the FAQ says to contact help on the above number or Live Chat - both don't work.
How bad is this?

8 REPLIES 8
Highlighted
Rookie (LVL:3)

Re: Why is delivery for online Sim delayed

That's exactly what I am experiencing.

I ordered 3 sim cards for my family (BO143470) last Wed 11/12 at morning time and then got an email (F1108330) saying that someone would contact me in the next 24hrs to comfirm some info. But 24hrs passed, no one called. 

I then contacted customer service agent (csa) via live chat on 12/12 providing all the info they needed.

Well, another 24hrs passed, there's neither order update nor shipping info still. 

As my contract with Optus would end on 18/12, I decided to contact the csa via live chat again on 14/12. What surprised me was, after the csa checked, he said my order was put on hold as they need some of my info, then he asked me the SAME QUESTIONS AGAIN as the last chat! Well, I answered, there's nothing else I can do, right? But this time I asked for a full transcript and got the ref: SR1-2298801589891.

Then guess what? Another 48hrs passed, there's neither order update nor shipping info still!

I then called 1258881 on 16/12. I actually called twice. At the first call, they asked me to wait then hung up. Second time, for god's sake, they didn't kick me out and told me that my order was put on hold as they need some of my info, THEN ASKED ME THE SAME QUESTIONS AGAIN!!!

I felt so bad about it.

But on 18/12, that's a week after I ordered and paid for my sim cards, I got the same email (F1108330) AGAIN saying the same thing like before "..we received your online order, and one of our team members will contact you in the next 24 hrs to confirm some info about your order". 

Again, another 48hrs passed, there's no one called me, no shipping info, no order updates via email.......None at all!

I contacted the live chat this morning 20/12, guess what? I've been told that my order was put on hold as they need some of my info AGAIN!!!!!! I was deperately asking the csa to pass me to their online team directly. She said she forwarded this request to online team, one of the team member would contact me shortly (ref no. SR1-2310402888961, INT1-2310402889042).

Well, now 10hrs passed, no one contaced me yet. The online team doesn't work at weekend which means I need to wait 48hrs more to be contacted. 

But it's been a week and a half since I paid for my order, I still didn't get my cards. Instead I've spent quite a lot of time with you boost to solve the issue but you just let me down and my contract with Optus already ended. 

Please help! Please do something! I was tired of being asked the same questions again and again and again with no actual progress on my order.

I will update here if someone form boost call me later on.

Highlighted
Spectator

Any update? Seem like they don't even reply your post.

I have the same issue. Any tips for solution?

Thank you.

Highlighted

Same situation here too, 

Was advised by Boost to purchase a SIM from a retailer and they would cancel and refund the order.

It's been 2 weeks and no refund.

Hope you don't have to deal with their so called customer service

Highlighted

I've been waiting since 6 Feb and been stuffed around.  Been told to buy $2 sim in shop--then they can't transfer number on to it.  Been told to buy $10 sim and 100% guarantee they can transfer it - nobody has $10 sim.  Sick of ringing, sick of being on chat, sick of being hung up on, sick of trying to deal with operators that don't know what they are doing.  it's gotten to the point where they ask me NOT TO COMPLETE SURVEYS Smiley Very Happy

Highlighted

Having read these responses I think I will go ahead and cancel my sim. If the numbers won't work and I cannot contact boost any other way then there will be a credit card chargeback initiated.

Highlighted

I hope you have better luck than me cancelling your order and getting a refund. I have been waiting for over a month now

Highlighted
Spectator

Same here, very POOR SERVICE.

I'm metro and been waiting 3 days for se ding acknowledgement - nothing.

Their help & support is a joke.

I really regret buying 2 SIMs from these cowboys.

Speaking with my credit card people now .....

Highlighted

Yep same for me.  It has been weeks since I purchased online and no SIM.  No way of gettign to talk to anybody there.  Gonna raise a dispute with my credit card provider to advise that no goods have been delivered to get my money back.

Screw this.

SteveM