cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What handsets are meant to be compatable with the Boost Network

Rookie (LVL:3)

I recently changed over to Boost, I wotk on a minesite, the "Camp" has a Telstra tower.. However my phone does not get any service at all. I have a Samsung Galaxy Note N7005.. (It is a UK model which I suspect is not compatable, am sending it back) in light of that, I need to purchase a replacement and want to know which handset will work, I would idealy like to stick with the Samsung brand !!
3 REPLIES 3
Community Founder

Re: What handsets are meant to be compatable with the Boost Network

Hi Lorelle,

Typically any handset which is 850Mhz (3G, WCDMA) compatible will work with Boost.

You need to ensure if your device is from another carrier other than Telstra that the device is unlocked.

To check if your device is compatible on the Boost (Telstra) network click here, you will need to enter the IMEI (Serial) number of your device which can be obtained by entering *#06# into your keypad on your device.

Before purchasing or attempting to use a phone purchased from another country, you must ensure your device is compatible with the Boost Mobile network, CDMA phones commonly found throughout the USA will not work!

Please let me know how you go with this process and if you require any additional assistance.

I hope this helps you out Smiley Very Happy

Regards,

Lewis
Rookie (LVL:3)

Thanx for that, I have purchased a Samsung Galaxy Note 2... this should work ! Purchased from JBHIFI Smiley Happy sent the reject one back !! Now waiting on a new Sim, can't believe that Boost keep this process inhouse, frustrating being a FIFO and having to wait for a blank Sim to be posted then having to wait till I'm back in town to have it activated. .. All because I chose to keep my exhisitng phone number and I need a blank SIM ....
Community Founder

Hi Lorelle,

Another option that worked for me was fronting to a Telstra Store and requesting a Blank SIM from them. They will give you a Blank SIM card FREE of charge and then all you need to do is call 125 8881 and ask for a SIM Swap process. The Blank SIM I requested from Boost Customer Care took around two months to receive, so don't hold your breath.

Let me know if you have any issues with this process Smiley Happy

Regards,

Lewis