Boost Mobile Community
Got a Question? Search Current Forums
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What does Boost Mobile changing to the Telstra 3G Mobile Network mean for me?

Boost Mobile Team

What does Boost Mobile changing to the Telstra 3G Mobile Network mean for me if I was a Boost Mobile customer on the Optus Network? 

Unless you port your service over to a Boost Pre-paid Mobile service on the Telstra 3G Mobile Network since we launched in March 2013, your existing service will be provided by Optus under the Optus brand. But don’t forget, you can still be part of the Boost Mobile family by ordering a Boost Mobile SIM Pack from our online store or buying one at one of our selected retailers.

I have an existing $40 recharge voucher; can I use this with Boost Mobile on the Telstra 3G Mobile Network?

Unfortunately not. Any recharge purchased from Optus or Boost Mobile before January 21, 2013 will not work on the Telstra 3G Mobile Network.

Will my credit transfer when I port over to a new Boost Pre-paid Mobile service on the Telstra 3G Mobile Network?

No. Your credit will expire as soon as you port your number over so best to wait until you’re out of credit or near expiry.

Will I manage my accounts the same way if I move over to the Boost Mobile on the Telstra 3G Mobile Network?

Things will work a little differently but we have made things easy for you. To activate your new Boost Pre-paid Mobile SIM card you simply have to call Boost Mobile Customer Care on 125 8881 and recharge by calling #111# from your newly activated Boost Pre-paid Mobile Service.

What happens if I don’t transfer to Boost Mobile on the Telstra 3G Mobile Network?

If you are an existing Boost Mobile customer, Optus will continue to provide the service you are currently on.