Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Waiting days for the sim to activate/number to port

Highlighted
Rookie (LVL:4)

I opened the packet and inserted the SIM Saturday 27/6/2020. Followed the prompts, acvtivated the sim, selected to port my number across from Optus.

I received the email advising me "Your switch to Boost Mobile is underway" "It should be active within the next 4 hours but may take 24 hours" 

It does state that it doesn't include weekends. I should have had it activated by by the time I woke up Monday morning. 

Its now 8:41 PM Adelaide time, it still hasnt occurred. I have tried the chat line, its unmanned, I called the 1800 new customer number, all I got was dead prompts. 

I have now been on hold to techniical services for exisitng customers for 1 hour 21 mins and counting. 

This is terrible service boost

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted

Re: Waiting days for the sim to activate/number to port

I waited 1 hour 59 minutes on hold and when teh automated message said it was connecting me now it hung up. 

I am sure I wont have to wait that long on hold to the telecoommunications ombudsman, I will call them next I don't have time for this rubbish 

Rookie (LVL:3)

Boost is a joke!  Live chat isn't available, you wait on hold for ever and the customer service repesenative can't help anyway, and it takes ages to receive a vague, unhelpful response via email. They should stop selling SIM's if they can't handle activations at this time. 

Highlighted
Spectator

I also port the number from vodafone on 27th june. Still i didn't get any response from the service provider.

Highlighted

I'm doing the same first thing Monday morning. NSW Ombudsman and Dept of Fair Trading. They have our money we have no help. SO FRUSTRATING!!!