Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WAITING MORE THAN 24 HOURS FOR ACTIVATION

Highlighted
Rookie (LVL:4)

Hi I have followed all the instructions to activate my SIM and port my number. I have an email from you saying that it will take from 4 to 24 hours to port my number over. It has now been 30 hours and counting. I know that it's not ported as my old SIM with my old carrier still works. I tried putting in the Boost SIM and I was immediately SMS'd a message stating that I had to follow a link to activate my new number... I didn't follow it and immediately took the SIM out as I DO NOT WANT A NEW NUMBER. I have called, and there is no one to answer or help, just an automated answering machine. I have gone to a Telstra shop and they say that they cannot help as it is not a service that they provide. I have tried replying to the activation email and it bounces back. I have seen others on this forum with the same issues. CAN SOMEONE PLEASE GET BACK TO US??? If it's going to take longer that's fine as long as I know something is happening. I just bought your largest prepaid SIM and I can't use it. 

Thanks

7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
Community Founder

Re: WAITING MORE THAN 24 HOURS FOR ACTIVATION

To get assistance, you will need to call Boost support.

See below for details, and note that there may be some delays getting through.

New customers: 1800 100 933
(9am-9pm AEST, 7 days. Due to increased quarantine measures, wait times might be longer than normal.)

This community forum is for Boost Australia queries only. I am a Boost customer, and my comments are purely voluntary. For Boost Support please contact PH 1258881 or https://livechat.boost.com.au/

Highlighted

Tried that, left on hold for over an hour then my call was dropped. I have sent a complaint to your Compliance Manager and the NSW Department of Fair Trading.

Highlighted
Rookie (LVL:3)

in the same boat as you mate.. over 36hrs for me now still nothing.. 

Highlighted
Spectator

I'm experiencing the same issue and customer service has been abysmal. I've now been waiting OVER 72 HOURS for activation. Have tried calling Boost multiple times only to be hung up on. Eventually got through to someone today who then transferred me to a different department but I was on hold for nearly an hour and eventually had to hang up to go to work. Can someone PLEASE respond here to let us know what is going on? Thank you. 

Highlighted
Spectator

Dear All, 

I have ported several numbers over the last few days and I think I have realised why it is taking a long time for some people to port through, or at least why it has taken me over 9 days to get the final number ported across.

The first two numbers I ported were from prepaid to prepaid service and took less than 5 minutes. The last number (for my dad) has taken over 9 days but was from a postpaid service. Even though the activation asks for an account number and I provided that number multiple times when trying to port the mobile number, it is possible that your postpaid provider doesn't match your account number with your mobile number. For some reason, my provider (Bendigo Telco) did not match the mobile number with the account number they matched it with a client ID number instead. As a result, they continued to block my port attempts. 

If your port is taking longer than expected it is likely that your current provider is blocking the port attempt and it is not Boost's fault. What is Boost's fault is not informing you that the port has been rejected. If you call the Boost number and you are provided with 5 options, just hang up and call again until you are only provided with three options (generally on the 3rd or 4th attempt). Then presss '3' for technical support and you will be put through to an operator almost immediately. 

You can then ask them why your port is not working, and the likely reason is that it has been rejected by your current provider. If that is the case ask you need to call your current provider and ask them why your port was rejected. The likely reason is that they do not link your account number with your mobile number, instead they link it with another number (client ID) and that is why their system continually rejects the port attempts. You need your current provider to give you with your client ID and use that as your 'account number' in the activation process.

Hope that makes sense and helps everyone out.

Highlighted
Rookie (LVL:3)

On Thursday  25th of june i first tried to activate my boost sim, i got the thanks for choosing boost mobile sms  to my Pixel 4 xl, from the device that the boost sim was in, whats going on!whats going on!stating that your activation request is in progress and should be complete in 4! hours.... lol what a joke that is, on the following friday the 3rd of July, still nothing, and actually had to activate it again!!!!!!! with the same REMOVED! sms response, what sort of company is this, no real customer service at all, whats the point of having a 1800 phone number for support when it just states that because of cornavirus we are unable to help you at this time, but you sure are able to take our money, when i went through the steps to activate the boost sim it all went smoothly, the ID i used wasnt rejected, so i do not understand what the issue is here!, i would like a respone ASAP, from anyone at boost, please email me, if i do not get a reply i will be seeking my money back and hardship expenses for lack of customer support!, from the ACCC!.

Highlighted

Go to this website and lodge a complaint: https://www.tio.com.au

Call Telstra on 13 22 00 to get a refund. BOOST is heading towards liquidation.