Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trying to port to boost from telstra - getting nowhere

SOLVED
Highlighted
Rookie (LVL:4)

I bought the online $270 for 12 months sim. I am currently a Telstra post-paid customer. I received the "blank" sim from startrack and tried to activate it online - it says already activated. I try to activate my mobile number it says already activated.
I get onto chat - boost chat person says buy sim from local store - I don't live near any local stores that sell sims
I get back onto chat again - I tell them the story and half an hour later they say they are sending out a sim.
I get the sim and it is a $300 sim with a new number attached.
I get onto chat and I say your website says that you need to send me a new blank sim. I am a telstra customer who wants to port over. - they say sure and send out another blank sim
I try to activate the sim online - sim says already activated
I just spent 90 minutes online with an agent and now they say that despite paying for a year, I now need to ALSO buy a $2 sim to port the number across. I then closed the chat because it is clear that no-one on the chat knows what they are doing
So PLEASE - someone must have successfully ported a post-paid Telstra number to a year Boost sim. Please tell me how you did it

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: Trying to port to boost from telstra - getting nowhere

I AM PORTED!

After asking the online chat person to escalate to someone who understood issues in porting numbers from Telstra they came back and said it was fixed. I received a call from a friend not long after which proved it was.
So I ended up
- Buying a $2 sim
- asking the online chat person to escalate to someone who understood Telstra number porting issues

Now all I have to do is somehow get the $270 credit for the year transferred onto the card - wish me luck!

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
Highlighted
Spectator

I have just come here to vent about the exact same thing Gramyre. My story is identical to this one. I have tried the messaging app and calling! (Multiple times) After you get caught in a hideous IVR web you get sent a link to try the messaging service. When you reach an agent they ask you to call the help desk. I am losing my will to live.  If anyone from Boost can shed some light on how to activate the prepaid sim onto a blank and port your number from Telstra  at the same time I would be grateful for some help

Highlighted
Community Founder

The activation of "blank sim" (used when coming across to Boost from Telstra account) must be done manually by Boost staff. It is not possible to do it yourself using the online webpage.

This community forum is for Boost Australia queries only. I am a Boost customer, and my comments are purely voluntary. For Boost Support please contact PH 1258881 or https://livechat.boost.com.au/

Highlighted

Boost has been unable to do so for 2 blank sims that they sent out

They are now trying again on $2 sim I bought from a Coles service station because the post office and Woolworths have no $2 cards (they all expired or something I was told)

Highlighted

This is getting so ridiculous - now the online chat person is telling me that the $2 Boost sim that I just bought is not a Boost Sim but a Telstra sim. I offer to show them the packaging and the icon on the sim to prove it is Boost because they don't believe me. They ask me to buy another Boost sim - I tell them this is NOT a sim problem becausethey have tried with two blank sims and now a $2 sim and they can't make the number port. I live 30+kms away from the nearest town and I am self isolated because of Covid and being disabled, I can't just pop down the shops to pick up a new $2 sim. I tell them to escalate the issue to someone that understands problems porting numbers from Telstra.
They paste up the standard "I can get this sorted for you now. It will take me approx 40mins to check all the details and get this resolved,
I will notify you once I’m done. For the meantime, feel free to go about your day, would that be okay?" message....so still waiting

Highlighted

I AM PORTED!

After asking the online chat person to escalate to someone who understood issues in porting numbers from Telstra they came back and said it was fixed. I received a call from a friend not long after which proved it was.
So I ended up
- Buying a $2 sim
- asking the online chat person to escalate to someone who understood Telstra number porting issues

Now all I have to do is somehow get the $270 credit for the year transferred onto the card - wish me luck!

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Rookie (LVL:3)

Wow, you guys have customer support? Mine is always closed. 2 days straight. No change.

noreps.png

Highlighted
Spectator

Hi There,

I have to say that this is borderline hopeless. I am also attempting to open an account with boost and move my telstra number over, I have purchased my $2 prepaid sim and over the chatbot from Boost have had some brilliant answers like " have you tried reaching out to boost directly?" and "you will need to contact boost for this request" you call boost (over 5 times now) and they say use the chat function. Is anyone aware of a simpler way?