Did you mean: 

Transfer from telstra to boost not working

SOLVED
Highlighted
Rookie (LVL:3)

Hi

I ordered 2 SIM cards online and received them in the post. One worked perfectly and ported my

telstra post paid number to boost pre paid. 
the second doesn't seem to have been a blank sim. When my second number was ported to this sim it's not been as smooth. Calls are received and made ok but the messages are not working as expressed. Messages received come in as text messages on the iPhone and out going messages go via the SIM cards number as an iMessage. I've tried to chat with customer service but tonight after 4 hours trying to get this sorted I'm getting a bit frustrated. Can someone suggest something to help. Boost has sent me an incorrect sim and now can't fix the problem by the looks of it. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: Transfer from telstra to boost not working

We fixed it!

Deselecting the unwanted number from the imessage settings wasn't possible
What we did do was change the actual phone number on the phone as the SIM number was where 'my number' should have been. 

Bit of troubleshooting but now all is working as expected. Lesson learned, make sure if you port to another provider make sure you have a blank SIM card.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Community Founder

The issue is with the Apple setting for iMessage/Facetime.

The fix for the issue is explained here : https://support.apple.com/en-au/HT201349

This community forum is for Boost Australia queries only. I am a Boost customer, and my comments are purely voluntary. For Boost Support please contact PH 1258881 or https://livechat.boost.com.au/

Highlighted

We fixed it!

Deselecting the unwanted number from the imessage settings wasn't possible
What we did do was change the actual phone number on the phone as the SIM number was where 'my number' should have been. 

Bit of troubleshooting but now all is working as expected. Lesson learned, make sure if you port to another provider make sure you have a blank SIM card.

View solution in original post

How did you order the SIM online? I keep going on circles...

Highlighted
Spectator

Im having the same problem, 1800 number sends you to the online chat with a computer.

Highlighted
Rookie (LVL:4)

I requested via the online chat person - but I am not sure it will help you if you are transferring from Telstra

Highlighted
Rookie (LVL:4)

Just type you want to speak to a person over and over and it will eventually transfer you to a person