Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Switching from vodafone, more than 72 hours already, nothing happened

Rookie (LVL:4)

Hi guys,

I'm wondering if anyone could help me with this situation.

I started an activation process on a new Boost SIM card on Sunday and chose to keep my old phone number (from Vodafone). They say the activation process should be able to completed within 4~24 hours, but I'm still waiting for the message or the email.

Could anyone please give me some more information about that?

Thanks!

Karl

6 REPLIES 6
Community Founder

Re: Switching from vodafone, more than 72 hours already, nothing happened

Hi,

This is a "Community" forum, thus is only really manned by fellow customers.

There have been some similar reports of delays during the porting process for some new customers, so I would suggest your best bet is to contact Boost support directly for a status update.

This community forum is for Boost Australia queries only. I am a Boost customer, and my comments are purely voluntary. For Boost Support please contact PH 1258881 or https://livechat.boost.com.au/

Karl Dont hold your breath. My mother has been waiting for 3 weeks now. Because Boost is a poor mans telstra they can't do anything to get the process happening any faster so its all in the hands of telstra who really have no drive to get users migrated across. I have had to lodge an ombudsman complaint. My mothers number was disconnected, no one can phone it and she cant use it. They have been told multiple times that she has a pacemaker and a defribulator but they have literally done nothing about it. 

The will probably tell you they will call you "as soon as they know anything" and they are "escalating the issue" its all crap. I would sit back get and get ready for a really, really long wait. 

The irony is during this entire period I cant even move her back to optus as they have somehow locked the number. They are seriously the worst company I have ever dealt with, completely impossible to communicate with as they have split the company into useless front bench and impossible to reach support. 

Spectator

Hi Karl,

I too have had trouble porting to Boost.  After 4 days. I contacted support and was put throught to the porting team. (long wait). In all I called 3 times over the next 9 days, first wait for answer was 28 mins, 2nd 58 mins, third 65mins.  First two calls, I was told they would escalate and I would be connected within 48 hours, but the problem was with Telstra systems, and Boost couldn't fix it.

Third call, I told them to cancel the porting and I would stay with my existing provider. They agreed to cancel.

Next thing I was in the middle of a call and my existing sim was cut off.

Guess why?  Boost had ported my number. 

Hope this helps.

Spectator

It's been 7 days for me. Already lodge an Ombudsman complaint and I suggest you do the same.  If enough people complain, maybe something will happen. Or at least you'll get better compensation.  The only way forward is to give up your ported number.

Hard to believe this is actually happening in the 21st century!

Oh dear, sorry to hear your frustration Smiley Sad

I gave up. 

Thanks guys,

I complained but really I don't want to deal with them any more. $20 and too much time have been wasted. I told them to cancel the switching and i'll keep using Vodafone.

Sunk cost, I'll  just suck it up and let it go Smiley Sad