Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SIM card issue

SIM card issue

SOLVED
Rookie (LVL:3)

SIM card issue

Hi,
I bought a prepaid Boost SIM card on Monday and did all the steps for the activation, I even received a confirmation that everything was ok.
But my SIM card doesn't work in my phone.
So I contacted your customer service by phone on Friday and they told me to try the SIM card in another phone.
It works in another phone as the primary SIM card but not as the secondary SIM card. And in my phone it doesn't work on both.
I paid 20$ but I can't use this SIM card with my phone.
It's really annoying because I am looking for a job at the moment and I need to be reachable on an Australian phone number.
What are my options?
Tags (4)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Champion (LVL:1)

Re: SIM card issue

It isn’t a matter of it being locked, but rather the frequencies that it can connect to.

The Telstra network runs its 3G primarily on the 850Mhz band with 2100Mhz in a few areas to help boost the coverage (mostly in metro areas to make the network more robust) - meaning in some area you might find you get 3G on Telstra but minimal places.

That particular phone doesn’t support 850Mhz, only 900Mhz which is what VF and Optus networks use as their 3G standard so would likely work in more places.

3G (HSPA+) : 900/1800/2100 MHz

It should however do ok on 4G coverage which would allow data access but not calling.

As far as a refund that would be at the discretion of Woolies as the merchant (the one who took the funds) or contacting support and see if they will do it http://livechat.boost.com.au/ however it is going to be most likely a judgement call from them as it isn’t a failure on their end.
---
4 REPLIES

What model phone are you using?

Many dual sim phones are only 2G on the secondary SIM so that could explain why it worked only on primary SIM on the other device as 2G has been discontinued by all three networks now.

If it is working in the other one but not yours chances are possible yours isn’t compatible or it is not configured for the network.
---

It's a Crosscall (brand) Action X3 (model).
It's unlocked for all carriers.
The thing is even as a primary SIM the Boost SIM card doesn't work in my phone. It's weird because I put other SIM cards in my phone and they worked.
I bought my SIM card in Woolworths and got the 20$ recharge, is there any chance I can get a refund? Because I can't obviously use it...
Highlighted

It isn’t a matter of it being locked, but rather the frequencies that it can connect to.

The Telstra network runs its 3G primarily on the 850Mhz band with 2100Mhz in a few areas to help boost the coverage (mostly in metro areas to make the network more robust) - meaning in some area you might find you get 3G on Telstra but minimal places.

That particular phone doesn’t support 850Mhz, only 900Mhz which is what VF and Optus networks use as their 3G standard so would likely work in more places.

3G (HSPA+) : 900/1800/2100 MHz

It should however do ok on 4G coverage which would allow data access but not calling.

As far as a refund that would be at the discretion of Woolies as the merchant (the one who took the funds) or contacting support and see if they will do it http://livechat.boost.com.au/ however it is going to be most likely a judgement call from them as it isn’t a failure on their end.
---

Thank you for your answer.
I solved my issue by buying an ALDImobile SIM card.
I will contact the service to see if I can get a refund because I used absolutely nothing of the 20$ I spent on my Boost SIM card.
Thanks again for giving me some explanations.