Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rang up yesterday to join boost - a few Questions

Highlighted
Amateur (LVL:3)

I rang Boost yesterday to get the ball rolling to move our mobile over from Telstra. I've done some reading about what we need to do. Got an email (didn't give them my email?) to say sim was sent. When the sim comes I need to ring Telstra to get our postpaid plan changed to prepaid. Lady on the phone said to wait about 4 hours before ringing up again to activate. 

I was asked for our Telstra Account number ..... why?

Our Telstra Account is in both our names, but I'm gettig the mobile with Boost in just my name ..... will this create a problem? We only have one Mobile as Hubby doesn't use a computer (unless absolutely necessary) and the same goes for the Mobile.

Is it a good idea when I ring to activate to double check with her about our details: Account, name and date of birth, our number ... they are all correct just incase of a typo?

How smoothly will things will go? Not good at new things etc and of course all Providers have good and bad reviews.

I don't use the internet on my phone (never have) but I might dabble a little now and then. I was thinking of doing the 12 monthly as it will save us $260 a year. Our mobile has always been just for emergencies and very little esle but we take it everywhere with us. It's gone up from $10 a month many long years ago to the latest increase to $35 a month. Hence changing to someone cheaper.

If there are issues, what  is customer service like?

Those of you who have been with Boost for quite a while .... can you give me some feedback about your experience? I'm feeling nervous about the whole thing but just don't want to pay $35 a month for something not used often but there if we break down or we can be contacted when not at home.

Thanks in advance.

2 REPLIES 2
Community Founder

Re: Rang up yesterday to join boost - a few Questions

Boost shares many systems, customer service, and support channels with Telstra, so you find much of the information is gained that way (getting your email address, looking up your account number, etc).

If you are worried about the activation, you can do it with support, and they can help you correct any names, etc.

In terms of usability of the Boost service, you should see no difference to your Telstra service. They have the same network coverage (Telstra).

This community forum is for Boost Australia queries only. I am a Boost customer, and my comments are purely voluntary. For Boost Support please contact PH 1258881 or https://livechat.boost.com.au/

Obj
Spectator

Re: Rang up yesterday to join boost - a few Questions

Sharon boost prepaid plans start at $10 see below
I’ve been with boost since the Facebook fiasco in 2014 where telstra charged a lot of people megabucks for xtra data on a plan. As I live and work out bush and rarely used it I didn’t even know. Never mind best thing was finding boost helpful staff, great live chat, and so much cheaper. I now live in a rural area with telstra mobile access and my partner & I both use the $30pm plan this being our only phone & internet line.
Boost is a cheaper version of telstra using their lines so if it does get a bit confusing go to live chat. I haven’t used the $10plan but if you just want it for emergencies should be good. Also it is prepaid so not active unless recharged but if you are overseas or out of action for a month or two you won’t be able to phone out until recharged but you can still receive calls. Good luck hope you enjoy it and save money as much as we have. Cheers

Recharge Type: Anytime Plus™ Plans Add-Ons
Amount:
Recharge Amount Data Calls and Text International Calls and Text Expiry
$10 Anytime Plus™ 3GB UNLIMITED calls & text to standard national numbers UNLIMITED INTERNATIONAL standard calls & text to 20 selected destinations
100 INTERNATIONAL standard mins & text to 35 selected destinations
100 INTERNATIONAL standard MMS to 55 selected destinations 7 days
$20 Anytime Plus™ 5GB
DATA ROLLOVER to your next recharge UNLIMITED calls & text to standard national numbers UNLIMITED INTERNATIONAL standard calls & text to 20 selected destinations
100 INTERNATIONAL standard MMS to 55 selected destinations 28 days
$30 Anytime Plus™ 20GB
DATA ROLLOVER to your next recharge UNLIMITED calls & text to standard national numbers UNLIMITED INTERNATIONAL standard calls & text to 20 selected destinations
100 INTERNATIONAL standard MMS to 55 selected destinations 28 days