Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pre-Paid Phone Suggestion

Highlighted
Professional (LVL:2)

Hi There

I'm  looking to purchase a pre-paid handset for my daughter and was interested to hear any suggestions/reviews from those who have Boost handsets to help with my decision.

Thanks in advance

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Champion (LVL:1)

Re: Pre-Paid Phone Suggestion

I have only used the Quatro and it isn't a bad phone, it works pretty smoothly, compatiblity seems ok, it connected to the network well and got surprisingly solid speeds on the network. It is a relatively impressive phone for the price bracket - especially with the current sale prices.

The only main weakness of the phone I had noticed was that in more regional areas that it didn't have the reception that other phones we had with us did connecting to the same network. 

It is prob the second best device I have used in the <$300 price bracket - and I have used a few of them - second only to a phone on another carrier (with the same network) and that phone is all Buzz without the hype, and at <$100 it outperforms several $300> phones I have used too. 

---
Highlighted
Champion (LVL:1)

Sorry, I lie, I have also used the Galaxy J2, it like the J1 were only worth about the <$100 mark in my opinion, neither are that outstanding to me, but people will and do pay for that brandname, so their loss.

---
Highlighted
Professional (LVL:2)

@DrQ wrote:

...people will and do pay for that brandname, so their loss.

Good point, if my daughter had a say in the purchase, then she'd ask for the Samsung Galaxy J2 just because I have a Galaxy S 5 and the Galaxy Tab S - but if another phone performs just as well,  like the Quatro, then I'll look into that one.   We just want a simple, easy to use phone that she can contact us with when needed, she doesnt need all the "bells & whistles"  

Thanks for that DrQ, will keep you posted on what we purchase.

sneakyp