Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Porting number delay

Porting number delay

Choochoo
Spectator

Porting number delay

Hi,

Is anyone else having long delays getting their numbers ported to boost? I've been waiting 3 days (not that long compared to others I've read). I can't get a clear answer from boost as to why it's taking so long and how long I'll be waiting ... I'm without an active phone right now and will have to recharge another month on my old provider if it doesn't get ported soon (which I don't really want to do)

10 REPLIES 10
sd108436
Rookie (LVL:3)

Re: Porting number delay

Me too. And I've recharged my old number. If it doesn't work out in few days. I have to give up transferring to boost.

pvandenh
Community Founder

Curious.

What provider are you trying to come from? I have heard of some people having issues coming in from Vodafone network.

* I am a Boost Australia customer. This is a peer to peer community where users help each other.

Spyglass
Spectator

I've just ported in to Boost.  I was amazed at how long it took - a whole 5mins!!

Timtimony

Same problem here. I was told it was down to Vodafone and I'd just have to be patient. After waiting 10 days for the SIM to arrive and another 5 for activation I'm not very impressed with Boost so far.

Appleao

For me, it's been 20 days that my number is still not ported to boost. What is interesting is that the live chat supporting team failed to keep my number and buy had my  SIM card activated which has $150 value. They told me wait for 10 business days to fix it but nothing has been solved for 10 business days. Then they asked me to purchase a $2 boost SIM card and I did. What is more hilarious is that the live chat supporting team activated my boost $2 SIM card with Telstra. Now they asked me to wait for the telstra service to be active then they will port my number from telstra to boost. Poor supporting team which never supports their customers but would make things worse!

Gikku

I ported from Kogan/Vodafone to Boost today, took 6hrs, not so bad. Not the 6-10 minutes of ports in previous years but still largely fine.

Flynn

I have been waiting two and a half weeks and counting bringing my number from telstra. I have contacted boost eleven times and each time they say they have escalated it and it will be sorted in 24 hours. Only reason I haven't left boost is because I'm morbidly interested to see how long this will drag out for.

timvo
Rookie (LVL:4)

How long did you have to wait after all this ridiculous thing fixed?

Tags (1)
AprilTTT

Mine is from Optus and it's been two days waiting for activation. One of them told me they had issue in their system. they should have stopped accepting new customers if they have this issue. I really want my number back from them.