Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Porting from telstra

Porting from telstra

SOLVED
craig0101
Rookie (LVL:3)

Porting from telstra

I have been waiting for 16 days for the final stage of porting to be completed for my number from Telstra Postpaid to Boost.  I have raised a formal complaint, referred to the TIO, and chased the problem almost every day but have achieved nothing.  I have had one phone call from the Telstra case manager, another call from the Boost porting team, and a number of emails congratulating me on joining Boost, my service is all up and running now etc, except that it's not.   A friend suggested cancelling the port to Boost, and try porting to Optus, then port back, but I"m not sure how possible that even is at this stage.  6 days until the TIO referral expires.  I get promises of immediate action and feedback from Telstra and Boost, and have received so many apologies, but all to no avail.  Does anyone have a suggestion about what to do next, or do I just wait for the TIO to jump in next Monday?  

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
craig0101

Re: Porting from telstra

My case manager has rung me to advise the process is complete.  I have accepted their offer.  Apparently the problem was caused by teething problems with a new system they're installing.  I am glad the saga is finished.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
craig0101

Just to be fair to Boost, I don't want to complain then leave it sitting. I haven't heard anything from my case manager for 6 days, but tonight I seem to have service and can send texts and make calls.  The Boost app doesn't show my ported number, but I'm glad for even a little progress!  Hopefully in the next 24 hours the process will be complete. 

craig0101

Just before 6pm tonight I received an email saying the process was complete.  My sim now thinks it is the number that was ported on 20/9. Four whole weeks, but at last, it's done.  I have told the TIO that the problem is resolved, and wait for further info from the case manager about the issue.

craig0101

My case manager has rung me to advise the process is complete.  I have accepted their offer.  Apparently the problem was caused by teething problems with a new system they're installing.  I am glad the saga is finished.

View solution in original post