Boost Mobile Community
Got a Question? Search Current Forums
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Porting from telstra - advised to not order blank sim, is this correct?

SOLVED
ticktocktroup
Rookie (LVL:3)

Hi again Smiley Happy

Thanks to my previous question being solved, I got through to customer service to request a blank sim, per instructions here for current Telstra customers wanting to port over to Boost

I was told by the Boost rep that if I wanted to take advantage of the 300GB @ $265 offer, I needed to actually just order the SIM and NOT order a blank one. I am a little wary of this, as the link I shared above expressly states what current Telstra customers need to do, and I verified my ID using the info Telstra has on their systems (I even received a validation SMS from Telstra as they did proof of identity). 

My concern here is that I may not be able to use what I paid for if i don't follow the instructions, as per 1.11 of Prepaid Service Terms (yep, I'm that guy who reads the terms and conditions) once I make the payment, I give away my rights to a refund. 

So would someone from Boost, or a customer who's signed up from Telstra for one of these promos... is it possible to port in from Telstra by buying the prepaid plan first, and not ordering that blank..., or was I told a porkie? If you did manage to get it working, how much hassle was it? Is there a link I may have missed where it expressly states I can safely port in from Telstra without the blank sim in order to take up their promotional offer? If so, would someone mind sharing it here? 

Thanks Smiley Happy

Screen Shot 2020-12-28 at 18.42.38.pngScreen Shot 2020-12-28 at 18.42.51.pngScreen Shot 2020-12-28 at 18.43.36.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
pvandenh
Community Founder

Re: Porting from telstra - advised to not order blank sim, is this correct?

In the past (especially in the last year), some users have reported that they have successfully ported Telstra > Boost using a normal retail/promo sim.

Apparently it is only offered as a workaround when there aren't any blank sims available to be sent. It is not the normal process, but can be done.

If that is what you are being instructed to do, then it should be safe to proceed.

* I am a Boost Australia customer. This is a peer to peer community where users help each other.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
pvandenh
Community Founder

In the past (especially in the last year), some users have reported that they have successfully ported Telstra > Boost using a normal retail/promo sim.

Apparently it is only offered as a workaround when there aren't any blank sims available to be sent. It is not the normal process, but can be done.

If that is what you are being instructed to do, then it should be safe to proceed.

* I am a Boost Australia customer. This is a peer to peer community where users help each other.

View solution in original post

ticktocktroup
Rookie (LVL:3)

Thanks for that. I ended up going with someone else, as there is no Boost link to support this. The terms are pretty strict in that there are no refunds at all, I don't wanna be out a couple hundred dollars because someone possibly went off script and gave me wrong info. Won't have the time to chase this up once work starts back up. :\ Thanks for the reply all the same.

DemiMckellar
Spectator

How many Sim cards do I have for my number