Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Porting from Telstra

Porting from Telstra

Highlighted
Spectator

Porting from Telstra

From what I've read in the Boost site, after buying a new sim if I'm coming from Telstra I should call them and request a "blank sim".

But I've called them twice, waited 18 & 30 minutes (literally), got no agents to talk to.  Live chat is somehow dead, no way to email them. 

What do I do?? 

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Community Founder

Re: Porting from Telstra

I have heard from other users that the blank sim's are currently unavailable, and Boost support currently are directing Telstra connected customers to get a $2 sim from a retailer (Coles or Woolies).

This community forum is for Boost Australia queries only. I am a Boost customer, and my comments are purely voluntary. For Boost Support please contact PH 1258881 or https://livechat.boost.com.au/

Highlighted
Rookie (LVL:4)

Pvandenh – If we get a $2 sim from Woolies etc, can we then port a Telstra number to it?

Highlighted
Community Founder

@Timbergetter wrote:

Pvandenh – If we get a $2 sim from Woolies etc, can we then port a Telstra number to it?

It is possible, but whether they allow it is the other question.

I think it depends on whether blank sims are available to be sent out.

I have heard folks are getting blank sims this week, so best to check with Boost support first. They will tell you what the current process is.

Also, with the Telstra > Boost changeover, it needs to be done manually by the Boost support team, so you will need to reach out to them anyway to get it done. The online porting process cannot be used for that scenerio.

They will also tell you to change to Telstra Prepaid first (if you are on Telstra postpaid currently).

This community forum is for Boost Australia queries only. I am a Boost customer, and my comments are purely voluntary. For Boost Support please contact PH 1258881 or https://livechat.boost.com.au/