Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

POOR PORTING EXPERIENCE

POOR PORTING EXPERIENCE

helman
Rookie (LVL:4)

POOR PORTING EXPERIENCE

I paid for a SIM on the 31 December.  It didn't arrive until 13 January.  Had problems with account number for the service to be ported to Boost so I was told I would need a new SIM.  I went out and paid for a $2 sim 14 January.  Contacted online chat to activate it and move the $300 credit from the original SIM across.  My previous provider performs their work and deactivates their sim.  Meanwhile Boost send an porting code via SMS to the original sim which no longer works so I don't get the code.

Phone is activated by Boost with a new number.  Whilst it can connect to the network it can't receive or make calls, can't send sms but can receive them.

I spent 4.5  hours last night on hold on tech support's phone line and gave up at midnight.

I was on hold on a chat screen for 6 hours and gave up at midnight too.  Luckily first level support raised an incident ticket when I first spoke to them (for the 4th time) however when I contacted them again this morning at 8am I was told this number is invalid.  Once again after going through all the drama with them again they transfer the chat to tech support.  That was almost two hours ago and still nothing.  

Staff told me yesterday a couple of times that a new system was implemented and that it is slow.  I work in IT and we never roll out a new system midweek.  Whoever made that decision needs to be counselled.  Who ever made the call that this new system was fit for purpose obviously did not do sufficient testing under load before making the recommendation to go live.  If I made these calls, I would be out of a job or at the very least lose any yearly bonus.

Do I really want to move my family's other 4 phones over to Boost.  I don't think so.

3 REPLIES 3
helman

Re: POOR PORTING EXPERIENCE

Never had this problem with Mate nbn/mobile service.  I was always able to get onto their Australian based support via phone or emal almost immediately.

The reason we are trying to move at least one service over to Boost is that they have WiFi calling which we need as the mobile vendors refuse to improve reception in my area.  We need at least one phone that works all of the time and not just in one corner of the house.

Still waiting on chat for tech support.

helman

Still waiting for this to be fixed.

helman

Far better support experience and customer service from Mate provider.  Boost should look to them as an example