Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Overcharged for 12 month PLAN

Highlighted
Amateur (LVL:1)

Hello,

I joined Boost today in order to use the 240GB 12 month expiry plan for $250 ($50 off)

I activated a $2 SIM card, then immediately recharged. I chose "Select $300 when you recharge" as instructed on the website. However I was charged $300 not $250!

I tried calling the call centre but there was no answer. The virtual assistant was of no help either.

Could someone please contact me about this?

Thanks!

2020-06-25 15_55_29-$300 Prepaid Long Expiry Mobile Phone Plan - Boost Mobile.png

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Community Founder

Re: Overcharged for 12 month PLAN

The promo is for sim packs bought directly on the website that get shipped to you from Boost (rather than a promo for "recharges").

This community forum is for Boost Australia queries only. I am a Boost customer, and my comments are purely voluntary. For Boost Support please contact PH 1258881 or https://livechat.boost.com.au/

Highlighted
Rookie (LVL:3)

Exactly the same thing happened to me today. Feeling ripped off!

Highlighted
Rookie (LVL:3)

The advert does not make this clear. How do I cancel the service and request a refund?

Highlighted
Rookie (LVL:4)

I'm in the same boat also. I feel mislead and that our discount should be applied. 

Highlighted
Spectator

Yes. Same for me. I purchased $2 sim in order to recharge it for $250 for 12 month plan and it keeps trying to charge $300. I couldn't find anything in the fine print regarding sim having to be purchased online. Blatant false and misleading advertising. 

Highlighted
Spectator

The advertisement very clearly states:

CURRENT CUSTOMERS:
Select $300 when you recharge

If Boost are not going to assist, I would be requesting a chargeback from your credit card merchant. The ad is clearly misleading. I just ported my service to Boost based on this deal and have been duped also.