Did you mean: 

Old to new boost prepaid sim

SOLVED
Highlighted
Rookie (LVL:3)

Hi Guys, 

HELP. I'm getting nothing from Boost. No users on chat and no contact over the phone. I was on a prepaid Boost sim and ported my original number across. The 365 day plan ends in Dec however, due to the pandemic and working from home, I used up all my data. I purchased a new Boost prepaid sim online and now trying to activate. I selected 'Bring you number' and chose Other, then typed 'Boost' and not getting anywhere. The website doesn't help, the mobile app says 'this request can only be completed by contacting 24/7 chat' and yet there is no user on chat. The chat bot take me to the standard help page. 

This is frustrating. Anyone has done this?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Community Founder

Re: Old to new boost prepaid sim

@fizee wrote:

I have a similar problem. I still have an active Boost SIM but I want to change phones and it does not fit the phone I wish to use  ( I need a full size SIM for my retro motorola). Do I need to do the same rigmarol - get a new SIM then port the number? Thanx for your help

For that scenerio, you need Boost support to send out a "blank sim" (this is a non-retail no-value sim card used specifically for sim replacements).

* I am a Boost Australia customer. This is a peer to peer community where users help each other.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Community Founder

As you have discovered, you cannot port a Boost number directly to Boost. The sim packs are purely for customers joining the Boost from externally. Not for "recharges" on existing customers.

To overcome that, you would need to get your number ported to a different provider sim card ($2 in the shops, but don't use Telstra one as it is the same backend as Boost), port your number to that sim, leave it overnight atleast, and then port it back onto the new Boost sim card.

* I am a Boost Australia customer. This is a peer to peer community where users help each other.

Highlighted
Spectator

I have a similar problem. I still have an active Boost SIM but I want to change phones and it does not fit the phone I wish to use  ( I need a full size SIM for my retro motorola). Do I need to do the same rigmarol - get a new SIM then port the number? Thanx for your help

Highlighted
Community Founder

@fizee wrote:

For that scenerio, you need Boost support to send out a "blank sim" (this is a non-retail no-value sim card used specifically for sim replacements).

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Rookie (LVL:3)

Good Morning guys, 

SOLVED. I managed to get in touch with someone on chat and that guy was sensational. I was on chat for a long time and he managed to activate the sim and move my original number across to the new sim. I am so happy. 

Whoever that gentleman was (I don't remember exactly but I think his id was 'Rodriguez'), he was brilliant. 

Boost should be proud to have him. 

Cheers mate.

MH

Highlighted
Rookie (LVL:4)

At least you found the chat. I couldn't even find that. Its clearly so obviously identified on the website- not.

Highlighted
Community Founder

@aussienomad wrote:

At least you found the chat. I couldn't even find that. Its clearly so obviously identified on the website- not.

It is in this page : https://boost.com.au/get-help/ under "Need some help?". If you don't see the orange button saying "Message us", then disable any browser adblocker you have running and try again.