Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Sim

New Sim

SOLVED
Highlighted
Rookie (LVL:3)

New Sim

While waiting for new unlocked phone to arrive I bought a New Sim without any dollar amount as I was undecided which to use. When ready to put into new phone do I just go to a retailer and ask for a recharge amount and then activate? 

I have chosen to go with the long expiry 12months $150.00 80GB 

Thank you for any help.

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Community Founder

Re: New Sim

Essentially you keep using the old sim card with your old provider until it stops working (which means the transition is underway). Normally from the time you do the activation (it will ask if you want to bring a number from another provider within that activation process), it takes only a few minutes to complete.

On rare occasions, it gets stuck for longer, often due to a mismatch of data with your old provider. If that does happen and you do not transition correctly within a business day, you should call Boost support and ask them to check the status, and see if they can reattempt the process manually.

This community forum is for Boost Australia queries only. I am a Boost customer, and my comments are purely voluntary. For Boost Support please contact PH 1258881 or https://livechat.boost.com.au/

View solution in original post

Highlighted

Many thanks for your assistance 

Cheers!

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Community Founder

After activating the current $2 sim that you have, you can do any recharge directly on the phone via the Boost app, or by dialing #111# and following the screen prompts.

This community forum is for Boost Australia queries only. I am a Boost customer, and my comments are purely voluntary. For Boost Support please contact PH 1258881 or https://livechat.boost.com.au/

Highlighted

Thank you for your help with my question.

If I could ask another question....I need to retain my old mobile number but I am concerned that once I activate the new Boost sim and change to my original number that it will take a very long time, as I have read quite a lot of messages on the forum that some activations are taking more than a week. I need my phone number so that my elderly parents can contact me. Can you advise how to alay my concern?

Thanks again.

Highlighted
Community Founder

Essentially you keep using the old sim card with your old provider until it stops working (which means the transition is underway). Normally from the time you do the activation (it will ask if you want to bring a number from another provider within that activation process), it takes only a few minutes to complete.

On rare occasions, it gets stuck for longer, often due to a mismatch of data with your old provider. If that does happen and you do not transition correctly within a business day, you should call Boost support and ask them to check the status, and see if they can reattempt the process manually.

Highlighted

Many thanks for your assistance 

Cheers!