Boost Mobile Community
Got a Question? Search Current Forums
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Messed up the activation and porting process, what to do?

Rookie (LVL:3)

Hi,

I just tried to activate a new sim and i just realised i completely messed it up and confused two different tpg accounts which is why the mess up happened.

Firstly when i activated the new sim i wanted to port my existing number (from tpg mobile) to boost. i put in my current existing mobile number but the account name and verified id is my mothers tpg account details and not my own. (long story but my mums tpg account is under my dads name and my account is under my mothers name...had tpg mobile for many years...i might fix this once the porting process is complete with boost).

anyway so basically the information i put in is wrong and i want to correct this and redo the porting process. Can this be done? It seems impossible to contact boost over the phone, keeps putting me to chat bots that don't know how to fix this.

What should i do now?

Thanks

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Community Founder

Re: Messed up the activation and porting process, what to do?

Boost support is available via the number below.

Given your issue, I would suggest getting the name corrected on the existing carrier (to match the ID), and then get Boost support to reattempt the port for you.

New customers: 1800 100 933
(9am-9pm AEST, 7 days. Due to increased quarantine measures, wait times might be longer than normal.)

This community forum is for Boost Australia queries only. I am a Boost customer, and my comments are purely voluntary. For Boost Support please contact PH 1258881 or https://livechat.boost.com.au/

Highlighted

Hi, 

Thanks for the reply. 

I tried calling previously and calling right now and you just can't get through to a human. I pressed 1 for new activation then it just tells you you can do it online and sends you an sms link via the mobile i called them through and then automatically closes the line. you press 3 for technical support the same thing. No idea how to actually talk to a human at boost mobile. 

Highlighted

Same thing. I've tried (1) and (3) and both tell you to go online and hangs up on you. Very frustrating.

Highlighted

hey

just to finish this up. i had finally fixed this issue.

so basically you have to call that 1800 number 100 times before you get through to a real human. ok ok i'm exaggerating but i called 5 times on one day that didn't work because they just drop your call, then the following day i called both the 1800 and 125 number, forget about the 125 number that doesn't even work. But after the 4th call through to the 1800 number the menu options changed, like initially when i was calling all the time it would give you i think 5 options but on the 5th try of calling it only gave me 3 options and i clicked the 3rd option i believe and then boom got through to someone very quick. The guy who answered was actually helpful and knew exactly how to fix it, he got our correct details and put in the porting request to tpg. The porting process was fully complete within 12.5 hours. 

and btw if somehow you can't get through or you don't want to deal with the phone, you can email them at info@boost.com.au
i suggest talking to a real person though even though they make it difficult to get through 

Hope this helps. 

Thanks y'all Smiley Happy

Highlighted

Thanks Agiel, I'll give it a try when I've got a spare moment on Monday.