Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is Boost Effected By ispONE?

SOLVED
Rookie (LVL:3)

Hi,

I am wanting to purchase a Boost mobile sim, however, am concerned that it might be connected with the ispONE dispute with Telstra.

Can you please confirm if this is "safe" and won't be effected with the potential contract cancellation by Telstra?

Thanks

Joe

3 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Rookie (LVL:4)

Re: Is Boost Effected By ispONE?

I believe Boost have a direct relationship with Telstra, and don't have any affiliation with ispONE.

PON
Amateur (LVL:1)

You are correct in stating that Boost has a direct relationship with Telstra and will NOT be effected by the issues facing ispOne, Kogan and Aldi.  Your Boost service will continue to be as strong as ever utilising the full capabilities of the Telstra 3G network.

Community Founder

Hello everyone,

Yesterday I confirmed with Boost Mobile that they are not subject to the ongoing issues between ispONE and Telstra as they have a direct agreement with Telstra to provide services, and therefore don't utilise the wholesale services of ispONE. Hopefully this clears everything up and provides all the more reason to stay or switch to Boost Mobile Smiley Very Happy

Regards,

Lewis
9 REPLIES 9
Rookie (LVL:4)

I believe Boost have a direct relationship with Telstra, and don't have any affiliation with ispONE.

Community Founder

I believe you are correct. I'm trying to get some confirmation from Boost regarding this. For those who don't have a clue what we're talking about, click hereSmiley Indifferent

Regards,

Lewis
PON
Amateur (LVL:1)

You are correct in stating that Boost has a direct relationship with Telstra and will NOT be effected by the issues facing ispOne, Kogan and Aldi.  Your Boost service will continue to be as strong as ever utilising the full capabilities of the Telstra 3G network.

Community Founder

Hello everyone,

Yesterday I confirmed with Boost Mobile that they are not subject to the ongoing issues between ispONE and Telstra as they have a direct agreement with Telstra to provide services, and therefore don't utilise the wholesale services of ispONE. Hopefully this clears everything up and provides all the more reason to stay or switch to Boost Mobile Smiley Very Happy

Regards,

Lewis

Thanks for all your responses everyone!

Telstra and Boost

Boost and telstra are so closely aligned that when you pay money by direct debit, it shows telstra as the direct reciept of the money.

Please explain as this is supposed to be seperaqte from telstra????

Professional (LVL:1)

Re: Telstra and Boost

Telstra's System I would say, however many people say that Boost is pretty Much Telstra!

However Boost is aseparate/independent compny according to the ABN registery.

Zane

Re: Telstra and Boost and access to 3G network

The real issu

e here is direct access to the 3g network. telstra is trying to stop this and  ot meeting the terms of the agreement with the customer. I have made a complaint to ACCC last month raising the issue of restraint of trade. Aldi has has no 3g access in places where it was available before. 2G only available now, no matter what you do. As well there is restriction to 3g at at least 20 towns in nsw and qld. I can give people my complaint and will publish it on vocasupport.com shortly so you can use this to help you raise a complaint

ct 

Community Founder

Re: Telstra and Boost and access to 3G network

@soilmaster wrote:

The real issue here is direct access to the 3g network. telstra is trying to stop this and  ot meeting the terms of the agreement with the customer. I have made a complaint to ACCC last month raising the issue of restraint of trade. Aldi has has no 3g access in places where it was available before. 2G only available now, no matter what you do. As well there is restriction to 3g at at least 20 towns in nsw and qld. I can give people my complaint and will publish it on vocasupport.com shortly so you can use this to help you raise a complaint

ct 

I don't understand what you are complaining about. Boost has no such network restrictions, as they have a direct relationship with Telstra, which includes back office systems and support (so Telstra collects the money, provides call centre, provides network, does future systems enhancements, etc). Boost controls the marketting and the brand "Boost". This is the exactly the same arrangement as when Boost was on the Optus network. Aldi is a different business, and has a completely different arrangement. They choose to use the Telstra Wholesale network through a 3rd party wholesaler (they don't deal directly with Telstra at all, and have to provide all their own support and money collection). The network in the wholesale offer is limited by both coverage plus data speeds. This allows providers to pick the service they want to provide to customers and pay for. Aldi admit this up front in their FAQ's, and on all their advertising material. Note the "part of the Telstra network" they plaster on everything. They willingly accepted this "limited" network approach, as it also means cost savings which they can pass along to customers. If Aldi were to switch their arrangement to the "full network" there would a be price hike (or a data allowance cut) assosciated, which most Aldi customers would find it hard to swallow.

This forum is for Boost Australia queries only. For Boost Support please contact PH 1258881 or https://livechat.boost.com.au/